The QUICK question thread.....

ausdb

Being who he is
Any suggestions on elbow pads for general trail riding? I realise fit is the most important and a personal thing but looking to get something after my latest effort.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Any suggestions on elbow pads for general trail riding? I realise fit is the most important and a personal thing but looking to get something after my latest effort.
They are a very personal fit, knees and elbows are 2 items I will go and buy local usually.

Head down to 99bikes or similar and try on a set of Fox Enduro elbow sleeves or the more expensive Fox Launch D30.

Buying elbows always sounds like a good idea, I find that I only wear them on black shuttles.

Go for a lighter set rather than DH level protection as you will have a bitter chance of wearing them regularly.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
As ozzybmx said they are a personal fit type of thing, but I've been using Dakine Slayer knee and elbow "sleeves", i find them comfortable and I hardly know I'm wearing them. Made from special jizz that firms up on impact like that D30 stuff, so can be a little stiff when cold but once they warm up they conform to my arm really well.

ausdb

Being who he is
@ozzybmx @fjohn860 thanks for the advice. I went to a 99 and found the Fox enduro sleeves dont agree with my arms, the Launch D30 fitted ok with the two velcro straps but they seemed a bit hard core so had a look around a few other places. There was not much to choose from, some 7IDP Sam Hill lites fitted well but I couldn't justify the cost $115 against the Launch D30s at $74 so went back to Pushys and got those.
I then dutifuly handed them over when I got home to be regifted tomorrow :)

Last edited:

safreek

Hey Peeples, anyone know anything about KKE forks. Apparently they come on a sirron ebike.
I can find plenty of the dual crown ones for between 300 to 1100 dollars.
Any ideas about the single crown one, can't find any info.
Are they just a rebadged dnm. Thanks for any help
Screenshot_2022-09-05-08-05-23-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2022-09-05-08-05-23-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I reckon your suspicion is correct @safreek and they are just a bottom end fork. That doesn't mean they won't do a job...but not expect too much out of them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers bro, glad to have it sort of confirmed.
I guess if google can't help it means they must be shit

I would assume if the company putting those stickers on the forks cared for their product they would care enough to publish some information. But if they are cheap and you just want to pedal to the shops on them...I'm sure they will do the job.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But they are good for a 5KW bike at 75kph with no pedals :)
These motorcycles (they aren't e-bikes) have bamboozled me good about this...that brand in particular is generally decked out with what appear to be MTB parts, mostly dh gear, but surely they outweigh and go faster than a mountain bike? It does also remind me of the pit bike thing from way way way back where low cc motos were being decked out with MTB forks etc.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Anyone used MTB Suspension Works for a service? https://www.mtbsuspensionworks.com/

A mate lives nearby and needs a service so was thinking of using them.Website looks good but I’ve not heard of them before so looking for recommendations. Thanks!
I looked at that recently as an option, but the web site doesn't work properly and couldn't book in for a service.

If he lives near by it can't hurt to drop in, but I figured it was just as easy to send it to one of the proven guys up north.