The QUICK question thread.....

ausdb

Being who he is
I'm doing a quick service on my sons KS E10 external dropper as it's pretty slow to return. I bought it used and have found the little plastic pins that sit next to the brass ones are missing.
The pins measure about 1.9mm OD with my shitty plastic calipers. I happen to have some ABS plastic rod about 1.6mm with the same calipers.
DSC_1057-picsay.jpg
I was thinking of cutting some pieces of that to replace the missing pieces, or should I just put it back together as is?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'm doing a quick service on my sons KS E10 external dropper as it's pretty slow to return. I bought it used and have found the little plastic pins that sit next to the brass ones are missing.
The pins measure about 1.9mm OD with my shitty plastic calipers. I happen to have some ABS plastic rod about 1.6mm with the same calipers.
View attachment 392402
I was thinking of cutting some pieces of that to replace the missing pieces, or should I just put it back together as is?
The plastic spacers were originally introduced to help stop rotational play and were a little oversized compared to the brass pins. It won't hurt to put them in but if you're not worried about a bit of play you can leave them out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The plastic spacers were originally introduced to help stop rotational play and were a little oversized compared to the brass pins. It won't hurt to put them in but if you're not worried about a bit of play you can leave them out.
I don't think that is the rotorburn way. @ausdb needs to cut a jig, melt down his 1.6mm abs rod, and mould some fresh 2mm pins to allow for wear. Obviously the 1.9mm pins are missing because they were under engineered.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
What's the point of the outer can / sleeve on the Fox Re:aktiv shock - other than giving me a heart attack when I went to screw the can back on and the bloody thing started spinning and had me convinced I'd stuffed the shock. Took me way to long to figure out it's an outer can held on with a clip. I'm pretty sure I've serviced it before and must have just screwed it back on without realising it's there. I'm assuming for future services I should actually take the sleeve off before unscrewing?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
What's the point of the outer can / sleeve on the Fox Re:aktiv shock - other than giving me a heart attack when I went to screw the can back on and the bloody thing started spinning and had me convinced I'd stuffed the shock. Took me way to long to figure out it's an outer can held on with a clip. I'm pretty sure I've serviced it before and must have just screwed it back on without realising it's there. I'm assuming for future services I should actually take the sleeve off before unscrewing?
Sounds like a fox EVOL sleeve. Negative air chamber on the outside of the positive air can you can add spacers to for tuning

Minlak

custom titis
Having a dumb day - Looking for something that will mount where a bottle cage mounts that will carry a tube and some co2 etc - cant seem to google the right thing up - Dont want a bottle that goes in the cage as there wont be enough space I dont think

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Having a dumb day - Looking for something that will mount where a bottle cage mounts that will carry a tube and some co2 etc - cant seem to google the right thing up - Dont want a bottle that goes in the cage as there wont be enough space I dont think
Accessory mount. There is cheaper I think from Nukeproof or Granite or the Wolftooth below. I think Wolftooth also offer a version with a bag to pop things in.

Minlak

custom titis
Accessory mount. There is cheaper I think from Nukeproof or Granite or the Wolftooth below. I think Wolftooth also offer a version with a bag to pop things in.

I knew they were a thing but just couldn't get the right terms in to find something - thanks

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The MEDIUM sized one is what you need. Mini is too small and XL is for a bottle of wine and a 30 pack of Winny Blues.

I have 2 of the Meds, fits a tube, Co2, plug kit, multitool etc, neatly with no overlap.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
The MEDIUM sized one is what you need. Mini is too small and XL is for a bottle of wine and a 30 pack of Winny Blues.

I have 2 of the Meds, fits a tube, Co2, plug kit, multitool etc, neatly with no overlap.
So really he needs the XL?

ozzybmx

So really he needs the XL?
Little bit easier paid for from ZeeGee's at $42au.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Little bit easier paid for from ZeeGee's at $42au.

You're pretty good at this. So how about a mount to I fit a bottle to bike that has no mounts on it. My Xquareone has so bottle mounts at all :(
https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/products/topeak-versamount-bottle-cage-mounts ??
So ugly.....

ozzybmx

You're pretty good at this. So how about a mount to I fit a bottle to bike that has no mounts on it. My Xquareone has so bottle mounts at all :(
https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/products/topeak-versamount-bottle-cage-mounts ??
So ugly.....
I have several of the SKS anywhere mounts for bikepacking, also used them on a few bikes with no bottle mounts... and one where he rooted the nutserts. Cheap and work really well.

Recently bought 2 of the Topeak versa cages that came with the versa mounts, most say to dump the mounts and cable tie them on.