The QUICK question thread.....

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Has anyone ordered decals from slik? Trying to work out if the stock fox decals are glossy or matte. Can really tell. They seem somewhere between (satin?) So just unsure which slik decal finish will be the best match

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
There is a reason satin is the preferred finish in most powder coating roles...so forgiving aesthetically.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I know they are travel specific but does anyone know if a DSD Runt for a 170mm fork fits a 180?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I know they are travel specific but does anyone know if a DSD Runt for a 170mm fork fits a 180?
If you plug the 170mm version into the dropdown menu here it says "8" available. If you put 180mm in it says "7" available. "0" at 160mm.

Not conclusive obviously but there may be a difference on that basis.

My 34 version, which was second hand, was 140-150 I believe so they can do a (small) range.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
A friend is looking for a FS bike for her son, she's asked me for comments on this. I think it's reasonable or am I talking shit?
View attachment 392269
Link if you're on the WA mtb for sale group.
That generation of Remedys were great bikes, I think that was a reasonably high spec alloy one (maybe 9.7 or something) but yeah for that price it's good buying imo.
Has anyone ordered decals from slik? Trying to work out if the stock fox decals are glossy or matte. Can really tell. They seem somewhere between (satin?) So just unsure which slik decal finish will be the best match
The matte ones match Fox matte black really well (if that's what you're trying to do).

ausdb

Being who he is
That generation of Remedys were great bikes, I think that was a reasonably high spec alloy one (maybe 9.7 or something) but yeah for that price it's good buying imo.
Phew as she ended up buying it. I think I've also been press ganged into becoming the personal mechanic as well. The boy is hard on his bikes so I'm going to have my work cut out for me.