The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@pink poodle will be along to teach you how to send with abandon shortly...
He rides a yeti...it isn't ready for send life.

I do recall reading he has an Victorian escapade planned shortly, and it's only a short detour from the Vic High Country to the western 'burbs! You'll be X-uping your way over dirt lumps in no-time @Squidfayce!

Wrestling my way through Sydney airport as we breathe. It's filled with morons and as shit as ever.

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Now that I've gotten this lid home and had a good look. It's is seriously chunky. Like to the point where the half lid looks stupid lol.

It has a different (new?) Mips system in it called spherical mips, which seems to be where a huge chunk of the extra bulk comes from. It's two layers of eps in a ball and socket configuration (basically a helmet inside a helmet lol), plus the liners plus the floating adjustable cage the liners go on. It's easily a third chunkier around the head.

Chin guard is shorter (closer to the mouth). The chin guard is stiffer and the foam is reinforced with what looks layers of some composite/resin sheeting. Definately stiffer and thicker.

Hearing is somewhat diminished as the chinguard does away with a couple holes where the ears are between the two models.

One thing that I don't like is that the metal latches are now some sort of hybrid. There metal parts for hooks, but the latches are plastic. Kind of takes away some of that confidence. The rear latch mechanism which holds it all in place looks like it could be subject to wear more so than the 3r. Something to keep an eye on and double check before riding.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Super DH look a lot sturdier, a few peeps on here have them from memory... @wkkie perhaps?
Yes, the Super DH is a lot more sturdy than the 3R. Both the helmet itself and the chin guard.

There's a lot of flex in the guard of the 3R compared to the DH.

The DH isn't too bulky without the chin either. Good adjustable fit too. If you get a good price, go for it.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The DH isn't too bulky without the chin either. Good adjustable fit too. If you get a good price, go for it.
I think it's massive! Don't know if they've changed it, but it looks like a Mushroom cap on me nog. I don't have a small head either

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I think it's massive! Don't know if they've changed it, but it looks like a Mushroom cap on me nog. I don't have a small head either
The good thing is though that you can change the height it sits on your head with the internal lining adjustment.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The good thing is though that you can change the height it sits on your head with the internal lining adjustment.
its the profile of it. Cant really change that. I'm not convinced the liner adjustment does that much tbh. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the purchase and will be wearing it without worrying how i look in it