The QUICK question thread.....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Did Vic and NSW governments admit that they think the school system is just a complicated babysitting franchise? Or can some educators on here defend this proposal?

Or they are investing in all the families who can't afford daycare.

Daycare is expensive but kids learn an incredible amount at that age. All the research shows that the best bang for buck for educational outcomes is when kids are very young. The best outcome would be Govt funded early learning for all from 1yrs±, but this is the next best thing.

Has the added benefit of letting low income mother's get back into the workforce sooner.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I t

Daycare is expensive but kids learn an incredible amount at that age. All the research shows that the best bang for buck for educational outcomes is when kids are very young. The best outcome would be Govt funded early learning for all from 1yrs±, but this is the next best thing.

Has the added benefit of letting low income mother's get back into the workforce sooner.

I think it is them finally realising underground coalmines are a thing of the past and we need something new to occupy the kids.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Maybe...but that doesn't sound like the current NSW gov.

Ah... nice one Poods, contributing your tax dollars to those afflicted with children. Thanks for your childcare donation !
Education is one of the many things I am pleased to see my tax dollars poured into.

ausdb

Being who he is
Asking for a friend, one of the dads from school asked me about some old marzocchis on his bike the other day and sent me these photos. I think they are 44-29s TST2 Air from around 2010-11. He says they're not holding pressure any more. Parts seem to be unobtainium except for wipers and oil seals. I guess it could be something simple like a leaking schrader or top cap o-ring but I was wondering if the air spring seals are also just o-rings or something that could be sourced from a bearing supply place or is he flogging a dead horse?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Asking for a friend, one of the dads from school asked me about some old marzocchis on his bike the other day and sent me these photos. I think they are 44-29s TST2 Air from around 2010-11. He says they're not holding pressure any more. Parts seem to be unobtainium except for wipers and oil seals. I guess it could be something simple like a leaking schrader or top cap o-ring but I was wondering if the air spring seals are also just o-rings or something that could be sourced from a bearing supply place or is he flogging a dead horse?
From here http://www.bikeroar.com/products/marzocchi/44-tst2-29-2012/specs , the 44's look to have 32mm stanchions.

Dr Zocchi is a global resource for all things pre-Fox Marzocchi.

https://dr-zocchi.projectweb.de/produkt-kategorie/seals-32mm/
Or
https://specialtyretroproducts.com/product-category/dr-zocchi/

I guess figuring out where the leak is will be tough bit. A fresh set of seals might go a long way to fix it?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone else have creaking from their 12spd Shimano cranks ?

A bit of digging online has found a lot of people with missing proprietary chainring bolts.

Seems its a T15 safety torx head, why they went safety torx instead of normal torx :mad: actually why have they put stupid fckn bolts on a direct mount chainring anyway :mad:

Not my pic, someone elses but I'll be heading out to buy a T15 safety torx tomorrow.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Follow on from my rant yesterday.

Bought myself a set of Security Torx bits today, yeah they were on the cheaper side but I thought I only needed them once :rolleyes:

Why the f%^k did Shimano put them as bolts on a chainring as they are getting loose and creaking with many owners.

So having a hole up the inside of a T15 Torx bit to make it a Security Torx, weakens the bit considerably. Yeah I snapped the fucker in the first bolt.

Ends up all of them were loose, I ran a Dremel across the lot of them and turned them into screwdriver slots.

Jammed them full of Loctite and horsed them home tight.

May put a slap of something on them to keep the rust away.

Will be replaced for a Wolftooth direct mount at some stage.

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Follow on from my rant yesterday.

Bought myself a set of Security Torx bits today, yeah they were on the cheaper side but I thought I only needed them once :rolleyes:

Why the f%^k did Shimano put them as bolts on a chainring as they are getting loose and creaking with many owners.

So having a hole up the inside of a T15 Torx bit to make it a Security Torx, weakens the bit considerably. Yeah I snapped the fucker in the first bolt.

Ends up all of them were loose, I ran a Dremel across the lot of them and turned them into screwdriver slots.

Jammed them full of Loctite and horsed them home tight.

May put a slap of something on them to keep the rust away.

Will be replaced for a Wolftooth direct mount at some stage.

View attachment 390579
There is a much cheaper solution.