The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@beeb @Litenbror @wkkie

Cant remember who else here has bought frames.

Not for me, 100% asking for a friend.

How much are yous guys paying for a Waltly frame, shipping and in what currency ? Then are there charges on landing ?

Thanks

ozzybmx

Cheers, someone he knows enquired about an adventure frame (bikepacking) and he reckons it was near $2500us which I though was a bit much.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
My Pinion frame was $1280 USD. I didn't have any engraving though and was ordered probably about 12 months prior. Interestingly shipping was the same though.

There were no import fees or anything like that. That said, I could have been lucky and it just slipped through.
Think they may apply export tax at their end, but no import tax here either.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Mine were so long ago prices are basically irrelevant in the current world, but unless your mate requested a bunch of weld-ons (like rack mounts, bottle cage mounts, external cable guides, etc… as they all add to the cost) $2500 seems pretty high. It is worth nothing that requesting curved tubes or special profile tubes adds to the total as well. Basically the closer it is to a standard two triangles and minimal welded-on details the cheaper.

Given their wait-list is reported as being around 3 months currently though, I suspect the price is largely based on supply and demand in the current marketplace.

ozzybmx

Thanks all ! I though you guys were nowhere near 2.5k.

My other suspicion when looking at the process this morning after asking the question here, he may have added a Ti fork.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah, the Ti fork I got was around 650ish IIRC, but that was ages ago now. @wkkie has it now, he’s probably better positioned to give you ride impressions because I only rode it about twice. :p

creaky

XMAS Plumper
To anyone that has imported a bike. How long does it take to clear customs? I didn’t fill out any paperwork
Not long usually. 2 to 7 days if all is in order. The freight company usually sorts out the clearances and contacts you if they want more money …

Scotty675

Cable thief
Not long usually. 2 to 7 days if all is in order. The freight company usually sorts out the clearances and contacts you if they want more money …
I’m at 11 days and wasn’t sure if I needed to do anything. I’ve had other items cleared but they all fell under 1k

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
To anyone that has imported a bike. How long does it take to clear customs? I didn’t fill out any paperwork
You could be in the situation where it's sitting in the customs clearance area waiting for the paperwork, which Border Force stupidly posts out to you snailmail. I had a parcel just over $1000AUD item+postage recently, and it sat in Melbourne for ages until I phoned Australia Post and got them to give me the info I needed to fill out all the forms.

Because it was under the GST threshold I didn't have to pay duty, but it just got marooned there until I did the paperwork.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
On the subject of imports what are people paying for admin fees? I asked DHL but never got a reply.