The QUICK question thread.....

creaky

XMAS Plumper
If you want privacy go proton mail
I did see that one listed in a comparison webpage and think you could run 10 ‘burner’ email addresses from the one account? Might be useful for dodgy purchases.

Edit: that was actually ‘GMX’ some German one.

Minlak

custom titis
That’s be handy I guess, not that I have a YT login at present though.
Ok so what do you want the email address for? I have the email I use for people to actually contact me - the email I use for gaming accounts - the email I use for signing up to things that are going to spam the shit outta me - the email I use for work - the email I use for private email that very few people have - if I need a new email address for a discount code whatever just make a new one there and then and once package arrives ditch
So if you want an actual email for emails etc go with Gmail as it’s very unlikely you will wake up tomorrow and it’s closed down

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Ok so what do you want the email address for? I have the email I use for people to actually contact me - the email I use for gaming accounts - the email I use for signing up to things that are going to spam the shit outta me - the email I use for work - the email I use for private email that very few people have - if I need a new email address for a discount code whatever just make a new one there and then and once package arrives ditch
So if you want an actual email for emails etc go with Gmail as it’s very unlikely you will wake up tomorrow and it’s closed down
LOL. I’ve only had one (work domain) email address for 15+ years! I want to start moving various login accounts to a different email addy and also setup one for each of the kids, they’re too young to know the passwords themselves yet but will enjoy emailing grandparents, cousins, friends etc. in an observed way.

Gmail sounds the go, as I like to keep it simple obviously…

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
LOL. I’ve only had one (work domain) email address for 15+ years! I want to start moving various login accounts to a different email addy and also setup one for each of the kids, they’re too young to know the passwords themselves yet but will enjoy emailing grandparents, cousins, friends etc. in an observed way.

Up to the age of 13, gmail/google will also help keep tabs on what your kids can access as well

Fred Nurk

No custom title here

Password managers are also great for managing accounts and logins, I started using one when my professional association stopped offering email redirects. It made it a lot easier to keep track of migrations of email accounts. This is the one I'm using, multiplatform and end to end encrypted.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Is it normal for the two derailleur cogs to not me exactly lined up? Just threw it on the bike and it looks strange.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Shimano 12sp jockey pulleys are deliberately wonky. Looks weird, works well.
Sweet, was hoping that was the case thanks. Can’t say I’m happy with the changed cable entry location, hopefully I can pull enough slack through the frame.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Where is an easy place to get one of these screws? Lol 2Nm what is this a bike for ants? (yep its farked).

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I may have one in the parts box, I'll have a look later. Specialty fasteners in Fyshwick is my go to for bolts and bearings for the bike.
Awesome, let me know, otherwise I'll do a run through Fyshwick tomorrow and swing past the "specialty fastener" shop wink wink.
Cheers @moorey too for the offer.

New bike time would of course be the easiest solution though.