The QUICK question thread.....

Minlak

custom titis
Is anyone using Relive??? thoughts?

Was thinking of just a quick way on social media to show interesting rides I might go on - As long as I take photographs :)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Was thinking of just a quick way on social media to show interesting rides I might go on - As long as I take photographs :)

Yep. And that's pretty much what I use it for. The play back is a bit fast for my liking. You can control that and other things if you go premium, but at $12 per month (or $60 per year), it's a bit rich for not much more than a novelty. It's more than I pay for Strava, and I get useful stuff from that.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yep. And that's pretty much what I use it for. The play back is a bit fast for my liking. You can control that and other things if you go premium, but at $12 per month (or $60 per year), it's a bit rich for not much more than a novelty. It's more than I pay for Strava, and I get useful stuff from that.
Yeah I'm the same.

It does show the elevation ridden in a great visual way, a bit fast but is pretty interesting.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Where do get Strava for less than $60 a year? Just checked and it’s $82 for a year.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Where do get Strava for less than $60 a year? Just checked and it’s $82 for a year.
I ditched the premium about 3 years ago but #1 wanted it and now I'm back paying for premium :rolleyes:

He's going through a slump at the moment after his crash, results mirroring his recent training efforts. At that age where he knows better so he can bask in his rainbow of 4th places.

His mates that he used to beat are riding 250-400km a week with about 5000vm... his last 8 weeks effort are nearly all under 100km a week.

Cyclocross States tomorrow morning, was due to do his first race the week he had the crash. Now his first race is tomorrow, at States.

Cardy George

Sorry, wasn't clear with that one. Relive offer 50% ($60) off if you pay for the whole year. Still $40 too much for me. They have all these different challenges and there's a bit of a social media part, but really, I'm just after the cool maps.

creaky

XMAS Plumper

Aren’t you selling all your bikes beside the hybrid?

Flow-Rider

Burner

You can do map animation on Google Earth for free.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Friend of mine is looking at a high end XC frame (think S-works or something similar). But despite my objections she is convinced that she wants/needs a front derailleur.
Is this even possible with new bikes? Thinking about the derailleur mount etc.
She does a million km a year and her main objection is that a single ring at the front is more expensive to replace and wears out faster due to bad chain line. Any thoughts?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Friend of mine is looking at a high end XC frame (think S-works or something similar). But despite my objections she is convinced that she wants/needs a front derailleur.
Is this even possible with new bikes? Thinking about the derailleur mount etc.
She does a million km a year and her main objection is that a single ring at the front is more expensive to replace and wears out faster due to bad chain line. Any thoughts?
Sourcing decent replacement 2x or 3x rings for MTB is going to be one hell of a task I would've thought. Hard to believe it'd be the cheaper alternative overall unless you're running 10x at the back. For XC I'm not anti multi-ring, but would still only want to try it on smooth terrain.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sourcing decent replacement 2x or 3x rings for MTB is going to be one hell of a task I would've thought. Hard to believe it'd be the cheaper alternative overall unless you're running 10x at the back. For XC I'm not anti multi-ring, but would still only want to try it on smooth terrain.
I know - I've tried to bring her round...

What about actually physically mounting the derailleur? Would that even be possible on a frame designed without a front mech in mind?

Cardy George

Sourcing decent replacement 2x or 3x rings for MTB is going to be one hell of a task I would've thought.
100% this. In the 3.5 years I've never found new rings, they've all been from Burners who have pulled them off to go 1x. I have one left before I hit @The Duckmeister up as an industry contact.

As for the frame, I doubt there's many left. Trek has just reintroduced the Procaliber as a frame only option, other than that I don't know.