The QUICK question thread.....

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PNW Loam Dropper?
Yay or Ney, happy with yours?

And what lever do I get to go with it? Wolftooth?

Edit - To make things even more complicated, can only get the LA version WolfTooth in bar mount. This work ok?
Would rather not tie it in with I-spec 2 if possible.

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
PNW Loam Dropper?
Yay or Ney, happy with yours?

And what lever do I get to go with it? Wolftooth?
I’ve got 2 Loams and a Bachelor. I had an issue with the first loam and the company sent me a new one straight away. Was dealing direct with the owner. Unfortunately the replacement had an issue too but the company bent over backwards to get me sorted and told me how to rebuild it to keep it going while I was waiting for the warranty and let me keep it. It’s running perfect now.

PNW have been awesome to deal with and I’d buy again 100%. I think I just got really unlucky and ended up with two duds. I’ve not read about any major issues like the OneUpv1 so I really do think I just got unlucky.. They are easy to service, nice quick action and smooth.
If I didn’t get such phenomenal customer service from PNW I would have moved on to something else but they’ve won me as a customer for life. Plus they gave me a free tshirt and grips for my troubles so I’ve got to say nice things about them right? Lol.

As for the lever I’ve got a Wolftooth lever and it’s great but I do like the PNW Loam lever better. Really smooth action and I like the rubber thumb pad. Not for grip or anything but it’s just comfy.
Can’t go wrong with either really.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers, guy's

Just trying to find stock for the loam lever as well.
Gee it will be nice when we can again decide we like something and just order it straight away :(
Anyone know if the standard very short travel Giant lever would tie me over until I can get a Bar Clamp Loam or WT lever? I'm guessing not.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cheers, guy's

Gee it will be nice when we can again decide we like something and just order it straight away :(
Anyone know if the standard very short travel Giant lever would tie me over until I can get a Bar Clamp Loam or WT lever? I'm guessing not.
Plenty of those ztto levers in stock no doubt.

Great lever for the price. Postage time would be the other thing I guess.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Cheers, guy's

Giant lever SHOULD be fine, its the amount of movement it takes to actuate on the post that dictates lever throw, Im running a giant lever on a OneUp post no dramas.

Lucaw

Next in line
Actually, contradicting myself again. Pretty sure it still works as I think the Marzocchis still use a circlip to hold the spring assembly in the upper, and a physical top out spring. Can you find out what model exactly it is?

Put a 20mm spacer (cut bit of old handlebar or PVC pipe) in between the little top out spring and the main spring seat above. It will slightly increase preload on your main spring when you reassemble but from 180-160mm not likely to be a major issue.

View attachment 380163
the exact model is a 2011 Marzocchi 66 rc3 ti if that makes a difference

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
the exact model is a 2011 Marzocchi 66 rc3 ti if that makes a difference
A good few years newer than any Marz fork I owned, but looks like it should work still. The piece circled in red is held in the bottom of the stanchion by the circlip (seen above the dust wiper), and the topout spring - circled in yellow - sits on top. Put a 20mm spacer in between and you will extend the effective length of the topout spring by 20mm, reducing the travel from 180-160mm. As I mentioned previously this will preload the main spring a bit, but 66s were always crazy plush anyway so unlikely to make a significant difference.

Obviously this is all bush mechanic shit, but I've done the same thing in a bunch of Fox/Marz/RS forks back in the bad old days of running 60mm travel forks on DJ bikes, and it works every time.

Still taken from here:

Lucaw

Next in line
A good few years newer than any Marz fork I owned, but looks like it should work still. The piece circled in red is held in the bottom of the stanchion by the circlip (seen above the dust wiper), and the topout spring - circled in yellow - sits on top. Put a 20mm spacer in between and you will extend the effective length of the topout spring by 20mm, reducing the travel from 180-160mm. As I mentioned previously this will preload the main spring a bit, but 66s were always crazy plush anyway so unlikely to make a significant difference.

Obviously this is all bush mechanic shit, but I've done the same thing in a bunch of Fox/Marz/RS forks back in the bad old days of running 60mm travel forks on DJ bikes, and it works every time.

View attachment 380219

Still taken from here:
the craftworks is about to get severely plowable

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Leg ham...nice big on the bone christmas leg ham.

If I get one and care I up, then freeze the slices, is it going to be ok to use for cooking (pasta, toasties, salads, etc) when it thaws? Or is it going to be tasteless watery shit?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Leg ham...nice big on the bone christmas leg ham.

If I get one and care I up, then freeze the slices, is it going to be ok to use for cooking (pasta, toasties, salads, etc) when it thaws? Or is it going to be tasteless watery shit?
Just marinate it with the 9 litres of frozen stuff you have in the freezer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
IME goes alright heated/cooked after freezing. Mostly to get rid of the watery-ness.
Yeah I'm not trying to have Christmas dinner with regular convenience, just wanting to have better ham (work scenario) on hand for easy foods than one can usually expect from cold cuts. It should be easy enough to be rid of moisture. As long as the salt/smoke/preserving process isn't going to leave a pile of frozen mush this should be a goer I think. I might even remember to report back...or I'll forget.

Just marinate it with the 9 litres of frozen stuff you have in the freezer.
I'm not making ham schnitzels! But now you mention it...this could work. Will be a fun crispy batter!

safreek

Don't larf as not for me, but, is there anyway to hook a battery onto this without it looking stupid.

Also, what duallies suit ebike conversion more than others.
I guess giant or kona style (four bar?) suit more than Dingle pivot