The QUICK question thread.....

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
yep as jpez suggests the antimony / mt sugar trails, nearly thirty 30kms, good winter trails, but rough & rocky -afaik not single speedable, a local guy has beene spending keeping the, clean [was 18km] original, but the parks ranger has been threatening the gisborne guys he is closing the pyrite trails, as there in s=his plot, gisborne trails are close to you too, off hobbs rd -4km sth of town on melton side, regular group rides sat7am sun8am from town, get to trails roughly half past the hr, a couple ride the mt sugarloaf regularly in winter [never in summer -stinking hot & plethora of snakes]-at end of antimony mine rd ..fits about 6 cars only
Found some videos of the loops. Djerriwarrh I believe it's called. Looks like challenging but fun riding.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Found some videos of the loops. Djerriwarrh I believe it's called. Looks like challenging but fun riding.
for the first ride try & find a guide, crossing over the creek base for the xtra trails, and getting up to sugarloaf can be tricky to find tracks, if u want to ride gisborne msg me - lockdown or no lockdown trails have had plenty of west melb tradies

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
for the first ride try & find a guide, crossing over the creek base for the xtra trails, and getting up to sugarloaf can be tricky to find tracks, if u want to ride gisborne msg me - lockdown or no lockdown trails have had plenty of west melb tradies
Thanks . Will do. I'm a health directive compiler, so no trails for me till Dan says so. But will likey hit the offer up when I'm in the area next year.

treble

Likes Dirt
How short it too short for a 29" rear wheel on an enduro/dh bike?
I hear a lot of talk about short people getting a tyre up the bum on steep descents so running a mullet instead. I wouldn't consider myself particularly short nor tall, wondering what the go is. My HT is 29" and I've never encountered this phenomenon, but I'm not riding anything very steep on it

tobbogonist

a registered member
I hear a lot of talk about short people getting a tyre up the bum on steep descents so running a mullet instead. I wouldn't consider myself particularly short nor tall, wondering what the go is. My HT is 29" and I've never encountered this phenomenon, but I'm not riding anything very steep on it
I’m about 168 and never had a problem. I’m not a particularly gnarly rider though. The one time I did wipe my bum with the tire was more a technique issue then anything. I’ve never ridden 27.5 though so I’m pretty aware of the room I have to move about.

goobags

Likes Dirt
I’m 178cm and have had the tyre vs date experience a few times on the hardtail. The pucker factor was fairly high before the encounter though as it was very steep and technical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
The one time I did wipe my bum with the tire was more a technique issue then anything. I’ve never ridden 27.5 though so I’m pretty aware of the room I have to move about.
First time doing that steep rock roll at you yangs. Was paranoid, looked so steep and hard (in reality wasn't bad at all, the b line is much harder!). Had my weight all the way back, took out some skin, missed the discharge hole thankfully.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Now I'm no longer working at a shop, I've been slowly buying all the expensive tools I've become accustomed too and am going to miss.
I ordered a Parktool DAG 2.2 hanger tool and to my surprise, it looks super misaligned. We only had the old DAG 2s at my store, so my questions are

Is this normal for the DAG 2.2s?
and
Even though I know it doesn't affect the function as the misalignment is constant, is it unreasonable to be shitty that it's like this and want it replaced under warranty?

Scotty675

Cable thief
Now I'm no longer working at a shop, I've been slowly buying all the expensive tools I've become accustomed too and am going to miss.
I ordered a Parktool DAG 2.2 hanger tool and to my surprise, it looks super misaligned. We only had the old DAG 2s at my store, so my questions are

and
Even though I know it doesn't affect the function as the misalignment is constant, is it unreasonable to be shitty that it's like this and want it replaced under warranty?

Mines not quite that bad but still on the piss a little. May also depend if you have it locked off. It will still work as intended though

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is reusing quality used spokes a thing? I’ve got 32 DT Swiss comp spokes in silver I changed out for black. 29er, from Hope pro 4 to dt511. Is anyone remotely interested or do I bin em?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers

and

Definitely looks a bit ordinary. Here's mine in comparison. Is almost looks your square tube isn't welded on at 45 degrees. Or is it the holes in the folded piece of sheet metal that forms the clamping bit?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Is reusing quality used spokes a thing? I’ve got 32 DT Swiss comp spokes in silver I changed out for black. 29er, from Hope pro 4 to dt511. Is anyone remotely interested or do I bin em?
I can’t use them…but I regularly reuse spokes. I’m sure @The Duckmeister would be horrified if he knew.
I reasonably frequently rebuild with used spokes, no problems. Just use new nipples. If they're the right lengths for another build, use them.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Definitely looks a bit ordinary. Here's mine in comparison. Is almost looks your square tube isn't welded on at 45 degrees. Or is it the holes in the folded piece of sheet metal that forms the clamping bit?
It looks as if the rectangular shaft is slightly rotated where it's welded onto the head of the tool, as opposed to the clamping mechanism being off-centre.

I'm fully aware that it will still work the same, but when you pay out the ass for Parktool stuff you general expect it to be pretty good quality.