The QUICK question thread.....

Jpez

Down on the left!
So it sounds links Sram FTW. jeez you don’t hear that too often in here! :D

So reason I’m asking is my Highlander build requires a 126 link chain. I still run 11sp and have an e13 Helix cassette going on. Problem is there are currently no126 link 11sp chains on the planet. I could just join a couple but that’s extra expense and don’t love the idea of extra quick links.
So if a 12sp chain works then happy days.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
They're not the same; 12-sp. is narrower. Additionally, Shimano 12-sp. inner plates extend past the rollers, effectively shortening the wider inner gap (AKA outer link); it's not happy on things not designed for it.
Addendum 'cos I done measurings:
11-sp: 5.58mm external, 2.34mm inner link/3.9mm outer link internal widths.
12-sp: 5.16mm external, 2.15/3.77mm internal.

Widths for SRAM & Shimano are the same in each type.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You may get lucky, I have over 100km on a 12spd Shimano chain with a RaceFace cinch N/W chainring that was made before 12spd existed, no chain suck at all.

Very surprisingly the old 2014 RaceFace 32t Cinch chainring takes a Shimano 12spd chain without chain suck so I'll continue to run the Shimano chain.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Quick question:
Were the GT i-Drive frames considered largeish or smallish? My S/O is looking to get a bike to join in with the kids now they are starting to ride faster than she can walk. She's bout 5 11 so right on that 'large medium' or 'small large' frame sizing.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Which ones though?
The Force I had was little as was the i-drive sanction. I went XL on the i-drive sanction but L on the next gen
Ummm yeah not real familiar with the different models. It's an old I-drive 5 @Plankosaurus has that we're considering. Or an alternative could be to build up the large frame listed here but finding a fork might be an issue?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Ummm yeah not real familiar with the different models. It's an old I-drive 5 @Plankosaurus has that we're considering. Or an alternative could be to build up the large frame listed here but finding a fork might be an issue?
I think it runs on the taller side. I had it up against a large trance from a similar era and they were very close in height. I can get a few measurements for you if it'll help?

@Labcanary's other half is about that and rides mediums. I'm the same and usually prefer a large, but can go either way depending on the bike and it's intended purpose (bigger for xc/trail, smaller for gravity/playtime)

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I think it runs on the taller side. I had it up against a large trance from a similar era and they were very close in height. I can get a few measurements for you if it'll help?

@Labcanary's other half is about that and rides mediums. I'm the same and usually prefer a large, but can go either way depending on the bike and it's intended purpose (bigger for xc/trail, smaller for gravity/playtime)

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
Yeah, Moorey was kind enough to let her have a little peddle around the driveway of a few models from the Moore collection, she preferred the large Revel over the medium Orange as far as bike size goes.