The QUICK question thread.....

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Any one heard of Raild wheels. They Sell on FB.

Price sound reasonable?
Hope pro4 hub rear xd polished silver.
ex511 29er 32 hole rim.
brass nipples and comp spokes.
$665 plus shipping of $30 or so.
Never heard of them but that sounds very (too) cheap. Is that USD or AUD?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Never heard of them but that sounds very (too) cheap. Is that USD or AUD?
I think they are a small company trying to drum up business. The gear( hub and rim) is all new and from the distro. The dude contacted me when I put up a post looking for hope hubs. Tried to sell me silver I9 as that’s his thing but I said I wanted hope.
Dunno.
Seems like an alright guy.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I think they are a small company trying to drum up business. The gear( hub and rim) is all new and from the distro. The dude contacted me when I put up a post looking for hope hubs. Tried to sell me silver I9 as that’s his thing but I said I wanted hope.
Dunno.
Seems like an alright guy.
They post a lot of builds on FB groups, were doing a weekly/monthly deal for a while, have also seen them selling cancelled orders - they seem legit. That's a pretty good price for a local build.

Jpez

Down on the left!
They post a lot of builds on FB groups, were doing a weekly/monthly deal for a while, have also seen them selling cancelled orders - they seem legit. That's a pretty good price for a local build.
Speaking to the guy he sounds legit. Got a good feel.

also says he’s got a set of polished silver Hydras going real cheap because they’ve been sitting there a while. If anyone is interested!

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

Price sound reasonable?
ex511 29er 32 hole rim.
Was it Eugene or Hamish you spoke to? Both seem like great people, eager to make your riding better!

moorey

call me Mia

Price sound reasonable?
ex511 29er 32 hole rim.
Was only 18 months ago, full retail on F/R hope hoops (pro4 on either hope or stans) was $650 delivered, and sometimes on sale for around $400 :(

moorey

call me Mia
I was thinking to myself how is that even possible? But yeah that is/was still cheap
I think it helped that everyone was drinking the boost kool aide, and there were excess non boost sets, combined with Hope dropping the 35w and DH tech for the Fortus rims.
Either way, hindsight is a marvelous thing and I wish I’d bought more. I needed a second rear DH wheel and paid $600 for the rear alone 12 months later.

moorey

call me Mia
I think it helped that everyone was drinking the boost kool aide, and there were excess non boost sets, combined with Hope dropping the 35w and DH tech for the Fortus rims.
Either way, hindsight is a marvelous thing and I wish I’d bought more. I needed a second rear DH wheel and paid $600 for the rear alone 12 months later.
Was it also when hope changed their rim design/branding to foetus?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Either way, hindsight is a marvelous thing and I wish I’d bought more.
Classic @moorey

“Your price is a ripoff because once 4 years ago I could have bought these for cheaper but didn’t” ;)
fuck I miss the days of cheap custom CRC wheel builds though

moorey

call me Mia
Classic @moorey

“Your price is a ripoff because once 4 years ago I could have bought these for cheaper but didn’t” ;)
fuck I miss the days of cheap custom CRC wheel builds though
:p
I didn’t miss out, I clearly bought numerous sets...and have other....but there’s always regret about not buying unnecessary extras in hindsight.
Indeed both the cheap custom sets and factory hoops are sadly missed.

ausdb

Being who he is
Possibly a stupid question rather than quick, I remember seeing a post a few weeks back with a list of Zee German stores worth checking out but for the life of me can't find it now. Can anyone care to point me in the right direction?