The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's strange that it doesn't deflate past a certain point though isn't it?
No...unless you have a gaping gash, the air inside will need to be at a certain pressure to force it's was out of the hole/leak. Once the internal pressure of the tyre is lower than the required amount of force the tyre will stop or significantly slow down deflation.

moorey

call me Mia
No...unless you have a gaping gash, the air inside will need to be at a certain pressure to force it's was out of the hole/leak. Once the internal pressure of the tyre is lower than the required amount of force the tyre will stop or significantly slow down deflation.
Unless riding.

Petero

Likes Dirt
I have recently been experiencing the opposite problem, holds at anything above 20PSI, deflates once lower and is a PITA to reinflate. The higher pressure holds the rim tape, bead etc. or whatever other sealing parts down into position.

Don't worry, I'm taking the tyres off to inspect sealant levels and rim tape this weekend.

Had this at work, apparently it's not obvious that a higher durometer rubber seal gland doesn't seal well at low pressures.. On emergency gas isolation valves..

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I have recently been experiencing the opposite problem, holds at anything above 20PSI, deflates once lower and is a PITA to reinflate. The higher pressure holds the rim tape, bead etc. or whatever other sealing parts down into position.

Don't worry, I'm taking the tyres off to inspect sealant levels and rim tape this weekend.

Had this at work, apparently it's not obvious that a higher durometer rubber seal gland doesn't seal well at low pressures.. On emergency gas isolation valves..
You probably already know it, but it sounds like it might need another wrap of rim tape to make the tyre bead seat tighter on the rim.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Any one heard of Raild wheels. They Sell on FB.

Price sound reasonable?
Hope pro4 hub rear xd polished silver.
ex511 29er 32 hole rim.
brass nipples and comp spokes.
$665 plus shipping of $30 or so.