The QUICK question thread.....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Only if you're using titaninium.

Copper-based stuff with aluminium is a Bad Idea, it gets quite reactive. I recall from my days in the marine industry that copper-based anti-fouling paint comes with very stern warnings not to use on aluminium hulls, because it will basically eat the arse out of the boat.
Thanks for the heads up @The Duckmeister

I have heard that before but also heard that it isn't enough to worry about. I have used it on the Xizang as copper lube is the only thing that will stop the BB from creaking.

I have had it in the old Heckler for sometime now but will look closer next time I pop out the BB (which doesn’t happen regularly on that guy).

I might look at non copper alternative but have to admit that looks to be in the realms of a 16th century alchemist or using the force to find the right path.

Penrite seem to go the way of yep, it is fine for almost anything.
https://www.penriteoil.com.au/products/copper-eze

Despite what flavour of antiseize you use, just use one. The day that bolt or BB unscrews out easily without harsh language and scraped knuckles is worth it alone.

ausdb

Being who he is
I did my apprenticeship in the engineers department of a hospital as a refrigeration mechanic. All the trades were supplied white overalls and they were laundered for free. Much fun was had having copper cote grease fights with the other apprentices on a Friday afternoon, I'm pretty sure the storeman knew what we were up to but never seemed to query why we used so much. Fortunately the laundry was off site so we never had to deal with that either.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Does anyone know of any spd shoe that comes with ratchet, velcro velcro configuration. Looks like everythign has gone stupid boa and i hate that stuff (got a pair of shoes that I never wear). nothing fancy just want two velcro straps on the lower and one ratchet on the top. Any dice?
Sidi Dominator.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Does anyone know of any spd shoe that comes with ratchet, velcro velcro configuration. Looks like everythign has gone stupid boa and i hate that stuff (got a pair of shoes that I never wear). nothing fancy just want two velcro straps on the lower and one ratchet on the top. Any dice?
XC style shoes or enduro style SPD's.

Sounds like XC... and you are correct, they are 99% moved to Boa closure systems.

Not much left with a ratchet.

ozzybmx

QQ - Does anyone know if there is any stock anywhere of the MT900 crankset, non series cranks released with the XTR groupset a couple of years back.

Not interested in Ebay as they are available from China (Aliexpress) in abundance and authenticity may be in question.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
QQ - Does anyone know if there is any stock anywhere of the MT900 crankset, non series cranks released with the XTR groupset a couple of years back.

Not interested in Ebay as they are available from China (Aliexpress) in abundance and authenticity may be in question.

I reckon you're pushing an elephant up stairs trying to find a genuine one; the MT900 was only a stop-gap model until Shimano repaired the equipment to properly finish the M9100-series models.

ozzybmx

I reckon you're pushing an elephant up stairs trying to find a genuine one; the MT900 was only a stop-gap model until Shimano repaired the equipment to properly finish the M9100-series models.
Thought so but sometimes these blokes have little secret shops that have stock of good stuff that they will share about when prompted.

Will go M8100 if there's no lucky hits.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Sticky calliper pistons.

After cleaning with ipa/metho, lubricate or no?

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk