The QUICK question thread.....

moorey

call me Mia
I understand cookies etc....when I look at a site, I know I’m getting ads for it in my Instagram and FB feed, but explain this one to me...
I read the thread talking about mouse traps on here. Well, read past, just recall it being discussed. Next minute, I get this ad...

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Does anyone here recommend an anti-seizing paste from a car shop for their bike bits and other stuff?
No.
Just use marine grease. I had access to some NeverSeez at one point and was using it instead of grease, but it has no real benefit over grease on a bike. Extreme temperature conditions or highly corrosive conditions maybe, but those aren't found on an average MTB.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So would that Penrite stuff be ok? Can't be doing with all the $99 minimum order bollocks all the time.
Yeah it will be pretty much the same stuff.

Unless you are painting it on to massive bolts, a tube or tin will last a very long time. Very little is needed or it just blobs silver residue that needs to be wiped off for safety reasons... and it will stain your clothes.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
So this would be good for adding to pedal and bottom bracket threads?
Only if you're using titaninium.

Copper-based stuff with aluminium is a Bad Idea, it gets quite reactive. I recall from my days in the marine industry that copper-based anti-fouling paint comes with very stern warnings not to use on aluminium hulls, because it will basically eat the arse out of the boat.

ozzybmx

Heinously expensive so I stole a few cans from work. I haven't worked this decade but I stole enough for the next.
The next decade, at the rate I use this stuff, it will be handed down to grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I reckon there are 2 of these down in the garage, I have used about 5% of 1 of them in 10yrs.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Only if you're using titaninium.

Copper-based stuff with aluminium is a Bad Idea, it gets quite reactive. I recall from my days in the marine industry that copper-based anti-fouling paint comes with very stern warnings not to use on aluminium hulls, because it will basically eat the arse out of the boat.
This is why the ceramic based Shimano anti-seize is the best. It's everything safe.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
The next decade, at the rate I use this stuff, it will be handed down to grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I reckon there are 2 of these down in the garage, I have used about 5% of 1 of them in 10yrs.

View attachment 375047
I've almost used a complete bottle in 10 years, I rebuilt a toyota hilux from the ground up and the rest I've used on the bikes. You can buy a cheaper brand from the nut and blot places.

ozzybmx

I've almost used a complete bottle in 10 years, I rebuilt a toyota hilux from the ground up and the rest I've used on the bikes. You can buy a cheaper brand from the nut and blot places.
Doesn't get any cheaper than free. I only have a second one as it came from my bike locker at work.

You'll use it easily on other jobs but for bicycles only, it will last a long time.

Jpez

Down on the left!
looking for some TRP Quadiums brakes and trying to remember all ze German stores that seem to have the best price on stuff like this. Bike 24 and R2 bike come to mind but cant remember the others. Or any decent suggestions?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Does anyone know of any spd shoe that comes with ratchet, velcro velcro configuration. Looks like everythign has gone stupid boa and i hate that stuff (got a pair of shoes that I never wear). nothing fancy just want two velcro straps on the lower and one ratchet on the top. Any dice?