The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So head sets...

A friend has just purchased an old giant reign (2007-2009 sort of era) for his kid. Will be a bit of a project to get it running. It will require a new headset to replace the internal straight 1 1/8 headset currently in there. I haven't or time to go to his house, punch it out, and measure it. My (piss poor) efforts on Google aren't really winning either.

Does anyone know the inside diameter on such a head tube?

File photo for reference:

moorey

call me Mia
So head sets...

A friend has just purchased an old giant reign (2007-2009 sort of era) for his kid. Will be a bit of a project to get it running. It will require a new headset to replace the internal straight 1 1/8 headset currently in there. I haven't or time to go to his house, punch it out, and measure it. My (piss poor) efforts on Google aren't really winning either.

Does anyone know the inside diameter on such a head tube?

File photo for reference:

View attachment 374482
What he said. Will take tapered with an external cup.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Is it worth starting a thread where anyone can list an upcoming race? I saw that @moorey was going to do some sort of race calendar on faceplant, I’m not a user though. My online social life starts and ends here.....clearly I need to get out of the 90’s. Yes, I still have a fax machine, last fax I received I was at least 15 years ago (does paper go out of date?)
Do I just bite the bullet and start my influencer lifestyle, selfies and I assume get the latest hair cut?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Is it worth starting a thread where anyone can list an upcoming race? I saw that @moorey was going to do some sort of race calendar on faceplant, I’m not a user though. My online social life starts and ends here.....clearly I need to get out of the 90’s. Yes, I still have a fax machine, last fax I received I was at least 15 years ago (does paper go out of date?)
Do I just bite the bullet and start my influencer lifestyle, selfies and I assume get the latest hair cut?
Starting a thread sounds like the much less time consuming and soul sucking option to me ...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
We've got an Events section for this type of thing, go ahead and start a thread in there:

moorey

call me Mia
For sure. Just leave out the boring stuff related to road, gravel, XC, CX...

All thrill, no fill.

tobbogonist

a registered member
I want to go a larger frame on my hardtail in a few months. Rocking a small at the moment as I am a tiny man. Wanting to go medium or large as it will be my main resource for getting my old climbing mates into riding when I move back to Tassie (havn't told their wives yet).
Basically I dont know what to look for compatibility wise, tapered headset, 142x12 dropout. Is there anything i am ignorantly missing?

moorey

call me Mia
I want to go a larger frame on my hardtail in a few months. Rocking a small at the moment as I am a tiny man. Wanting to go medium or large as it will be my main resource for getting my old climbing mates into riding when I move back to Tassie (havn't told their wives yet).
Basically I dont know what to look for compatibility wise, tapered headset, 142x12 dropout. Is there anything i am ignorantly missing?
Seat tube diameter.
BB (threaded/PF)
Obviously wheel size.
Brake hoses 'may' be too short.
Internal/external dropper if applicable.