The QUICK question thread.....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It is a bolt bush set up. I bought the frame new but recon I voided the warranty when all the paint fell off. Is from a v1 bronson. I would consider finding a replacement rear triangle but have only been able to find carbon. It is weird as I would of known if I stripped it during assembly. Shape of bevel makes it hard without facing a flat surface.
View attachment 374262View attachment 374263
If you brought it new from SC then send them an email. They might have some options.

Otherwise, the UK SC distributor Jungle Products were pretty helpful when I was after linkages and other thingys.

fastrider gus

super huck
What's the chance of finding a 20mm maxle for an old set of 426 Pikes at a reasonable price? Or have they gone the way of all other unicorn parts?
Ive ran a boxxer maxle in mine, lots neater without the huge QR lever poking out the side

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Ive ran a boxxer maxle in mine, lots neater without the huge QR lever poking out the side

Do have to be a little careful, rockshox did have at least a couple of different 20mm axles so might not be a one size fits all situation

...buy the forks

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

ausdb

Being who he is
Do have to be a little careful, rockshox did have at least a couple of different 20mm axles so might not be a one size fits all situation

...buy the forks

Trying to now, it's the ones @Lucaw posted earlier
Just to clarify, not cutting his lawn I offered to act as postal service if he needed it

Last edited:

fastrider gus

super huck

...buy the forks

True, for this model pike i ran a 2010 boxxer axle. Pretty sure they were the same from that point on until the new boost spacing forks.

moorey

call me Mia
True, for this model pike i ran a 2010 boxxer axle. Pretty sure they were the same from that point on until the new boost spacing forks.

Really? I tried old revs and pike axle in boxxers. Too short. Boxxers had chunkier dropouts. Maybe I was trying in 35’s.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
It is a bolt bush set up. I bought the frame new but recon I voided the warranty when all the paint fell off. Is from a v1 bronson. I would consider finding a replacement rear triangle but have only been able to find carbon. It is weird as I would of known if I stripped it during assembly. Shape of bevel makes it hard without facing a flat surface.
View attachment 374262View attachment 374263
Are you sure you haven't stripped the thread inside the axle where the alllen bolt engages? The frame and outer axle thread looks OK at least for more than hand tight engagement.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Are you sure you haven't stripped the thread inside the axle where the alllen bolt engages? The frame and outer axle thread looks OK at least for more than hand tight engagement.
Unfortunately it’s the frame, I tried the other pivot bolt to confirm. About 3mm of good thread left from screwing in bolt from outside

madstace

Likes Dirt
On topic of DHR2s up front, I still love my 2.4" 3c Maxx Terra front/Dual Compound rear combo, and thats followed on from 26 to 27.5. Great grip but still rolls ok.

A few pages back someone was asking about grips for gripshift, remembered you can get the Ergon GA2 twist shift set:

fastrider gus

super huck
On topic of DHR2s up front, I still love my 2.4" 3c Maxx Terra front/Dual Compound rear combo, and thats followed on from 26 to 27.5. Great grip but still rolls ok.

A few pages back someone was asking about grips for gripshift, remembered you can get the Ergon GA2 twist shift set:
I asked the guys at MTB direct about these, think they are gonna start to stock them.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
FD shifting like turd, so undid the bolt and tried to re-tension. Must have gotten some lube or something in there but it doesn't clamp down and hold the cable anymore. Tighten everything to specs and set and then when i pull the lever, the cable slides out instead of pulling the FD out.

Any tips? I've tried wiping and putting a bit of degreaser to clean it up but no dice.

moorey

call me Mia
FD shifting like turd, so undid the bolt and tried to re-tension. Must have gotten some lube or something in there but it doesn't clamp down and hold the cable anymore. Tighten everything to specs and set and then when i pull the lever, the cable slides out instead of pulling the FD out.

Any tips? I've tried wiping and putting a bit of degreaser to clean it up but no dice.
1x.
Does it clamp under a plate? If so, is it bent?