The QUICK question thread.....

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal

All these guys are a lightweight mesh that breath well under baggies, and the bibs even have a little pocket at the back...ssshhh, ffs sake don't anyone spill the beans to the Big S.

moorey

call me Mia
They were talking italian and dub, fucked if I k of. Why do they confuse me so much. Bastard.
Fuck it I'll order it anyway
Want me to chuck a spare in with cassette, test it, and return it with the other cassette?
I worry about you and GXP. They can be finicky to set up with correct amount of BB spacers. Too few, and drive side won’t go in far enough. Too many, it will bind. I’ve been using them for years and still occasionally have issues. Not insulting your intelligence (for once), they are just a PITA at times. I persisted for years to get the benefit of DM chainring, but mainly use shimmy now for the BB price/longevity, and ease or crank setup.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
OK, I've whacked a 10 speed cassette on a wheel that had 8 speed. Tighten up and there is a mm or 2 of movement, is this normal, what have I done wrong.
Will this affect my riding enjoyment
Yes it'll shift like crap and annoy you - just had this on one of my kids bikes. Grab a spacer, my LBS gave me a couple as some seem to be different sizes, the thicker one fixed the issue.

moorey

call me Mia
Yes it'll shift like crap and annoy you - just had this on one of my kids bikes. Grab a spacer, my LBS gave me a couple as some seem to be different sizes, the thicker one fixed the issue.

I thought we worked out that the issue was a wonky freehub?

safreek

Want me to chuck a spare in with cassette, test it, and return it with the other cassette?
I worry about you and GXP. They can be finicky to set up with correct amount of BB spacers. Too few, and drive side won’t go in far enough. Too many, it will bind. I’ve been using them for years and still occasionally have issues. Not insulting your intelligence (for once), they are just a PITA at times. I persisted for years to get the benefit of DM chainring, but mainly use shimmy now for the BB price/longevity, and ease or crank setup.
I don't actually lack intelligence, more lacking in patience and common sense .
I have to admit that shimano is a piece of piss to set up.
I have received the goods from @Minlak today so shall endeavour to pist soon.
I'm getting the bakeshop to do a lot of the installation so it should be all good. I will just buy the new one and hope it fits the orange. Cheers for the offer

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I don't actually lack intelligence, more lacking in patience and common sense .
I have to admit that shimano is a piece of piss to set up.
I have received the goods from @Minlak today so shall endeavour to pist soon.
I'm getting the bakeshop to do a lot of the installation so it should be all good. I will just buy the new one and hope it fits the orange. Cheers for the offer
Lucky you. I wish more bakeries did bicycle repairs. Winning combo in my opinion.

Last edited: