The QUICK question thread.....

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Just walk around barefoot in low light. You'll find them soon enough.

I'm in a pub seemingly filled with dimwits. This place seems to only exist as a place for people to play pokies. And as I sit here awaiting my dinner I hear the whitlams blow up the pokies playing.
Did see a news related thing recently where someone bought an establishment, took all the pokies to the dump and increased turnover by 400% (from my recollection which grows ever poorer) by reintroducing live music, I hope this is a trend that catches on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Did see a news related thing recently where someone bought an establishment, took all the pokies to the dump and increased turnover by 400% (from my recollection which grows ever poorer) by reintroducing live music, I hope this is a trend that catches on.
I have some friend around here who have a no pokies rule in the pubs they own. It is very refreshing! They also have a serve good whisky policy, which I also like.

Currently in Coles. Is it just my bad luck or do the fuckwits that walk around a grocery store while having a phone call always have exclusively inane conversations? Like where is the interesting or juicy stuff?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Was posted in the LTIL thread here the other day. Something approaching $400k per machine to sell the licences!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
How low is too low for a mtb? Looking at 300mm
I'm guessing you mean bottom bracket height? If so, that's low!

I've run around 335-340 on the Katipo and found that I had to go shorter on the cranks (165mm) to make it workable.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This is a kona unit, I didn't realise they made it that much bikepacky - and that's quoted with 29x2.6 tyres!
I'm assuming it's got a rigid fork then? ~300mm should be fine as there's no sag in the fork when you climb aboard, and most of the rest of BB height is to allow for suspension travel on compressions or loaded around berms without dragging the BB on the ground. If it's high enough to pedal (plus a smidge of safety margin for pedalling while going round slight curves) you're good to go!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I'm assuming it's got a rigid fork then?
Yeah rigid, not sure even 120mm fork from a suspension corrected 100mm will fix it might have to go up to 130mm. Looks like I saved myself a few pennies then.

Just measured my other bikes, it's ridiculously low.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
@The Duckmeister - would you need to run the insert between the BB cups on this design? o_O

Asking for the Commencal Enduro team...

safreek

I have the same mower. Aside from a couple of small holes in the plastic sides from picking up occasional rocks (I do try to clear the lawn of such potential missiles, but have missed a few), it has done well. Nice and lightweight - I'm on a hill so this is handy. I used to have to lift it up a small retaining wall until I replaced the lawn there with native plants and mulch.
Ok, I bought the mower, first little test seems cool, very quiet compared to the Old banger.
Been buying shit from bunnos and similar for so long and having to pull shit out of a box and piece it together it was real nice to have the mower put together, oiled and fueled and ready to go.

zooks

Likes Dirt
Need to do a 50h lower leg service very soon on RS Lyrik Fork.

Is Maxima plush dynamic suspension lube light best one to use?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Moving Shimano brakes from one frame to another (internal routing), am I correct in saying that if I disconnect from the lever end correctly I should be able to remove and reinstall without needing to do a full bleed?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Moving Shimano brakes from one frame to another (internal routing), am I correct in saying that if I disconnect from the lever end correctly I should be able to remove and reinstall without needing to do a full bleed?
Yes but you will need to plug the hose somehow.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Technically yes, if you don't hang the hose down so all the oil runs out of it, you could just put a bleed cup on the lever after and give it a quick lever bleed. You may need to cut the end of the hose off and fit a new olive/barb depending on your cable routing and grommets though.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not without cutting it.

The compression screw and rubber grommet needs to be taken off before pulling out of internal routing.

Turn your brake upwards, unscrew hose and pull out. Cut the olive off and push a round wooden cocktail stick into the hose hole and cut off the excess stick with enough left to grab it back out with pliers.

Pull out of the old frame and thread into the new frame. Put the grommet and screw on before fitting the new olive and barb (can slide over) then connect the brake lever without tipping it downwards.

If you are lucky, it will be the right length... and good chance it wont need a bleed.

A bleed is easy... its fucking barbs and olives that I usually seem to be without.

cocktail-sausages-26296312.jpg