The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

I'm not up to date with all the models but I would get the latest model I could afford with the built-in stabilization, you can get older go pro's and run them through a program to make the footage smooth but it takes time and a decent computer to run the programs. There's a proper go pro thread on here somewhere.
Cheers man, shall hunt the thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
From face punches or are you being serious. Get a go pro you think
Doesn't have to be GoPro, plenty of other options as well. Yo don't even need the greatest of specs, you aren't sending the footage to Cannes are you? But the sunnies will look like they were drawn by a child with crayons and bounce around.

I have a Sony and a GoPro. I have never used the GoPro and the Sony is full of snow footage I'll never watch or use from 2018.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Mosquitoes.... Fuck me. Never had much of an issue with them at home but obviously with Victoria being half under water the fuckers are everywhere.
Can't go out into alfresco area without 100 of the pricks following you into the house and making a meal of you while you sleep.
What is your favourite plan of attack? I tried putting a couple of those outdoor citronella candles that I had laying around from camping but they did squat to drive them away. Do those zappers, apart from being annoying as hell actually work?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Race Face ARC offset 30

Any experience with these rims? Good, bad or ?? Thanks
They came standard on my sons Canyon, he destroyed the rear. I was able to find 2 identical rims for a bargain price at CRC ($30 each IIRC), Arc 30 asymmetrical

He then went on to ding up another rear, then a front, then the final rear.

I built him a set of EX511 which sold on his bike.

He's absolute bike destroying machine but from what I remember, they were quite soft.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Mosquitoes.... Fuck me. Never had much of an issue with them at home but obviously with Victoria being half under water the fuckers are everywhere.
Can't go out into alfresco area without 100 of the pricks following you into the house and making a meal of you while you sleep.
What is your favourite plan of attack? I tried putting a couple of those outdoor citronella candles that I had laying around from camping but they did squat to drive them away. Do those zappers, apart from being annoying as hell actually work?
I bought ozziemozzie Mozzguard recently.
Rechargeable little zappers. No affiliation or discounts so my opinion after a week ish They seem to work. Not sure where the volume of insects overpower the ability but for a few in the bedroom one works. I fire it up and put it in the ensuite. Violet light can be too bright but position as you can. Dead mozzie in it each morning and for the week I have been using them no buzz buzz around the head while trying to sleep.

The other night while I was outside yelling at the clouds the mozzie were thick. I took one of the zappers out and didn't get bothered. Satisfying zap but the smell is not roses. They are pretty cheap and they are small. I might look at a bigger one for camping though we will take the portable units to have one in the camper.

Citronella and that shit is useless I have found but I did experiment with a small potted lavender on the bedside table. That helped.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Female mozzies are attracted to the CO2 and humidity of your breath, not light. They do get a few mozzies when they randomly fly into them but they mostly get other insects, especially moths.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Race Face ARC offset 30

Any experience with these rims? Good, bad or ?? Thanks
They came standard on my sons Canyon, he destroyed the rear. I was able to find 2 identical rims for a bargain price at CRC ($30 each IIRC), Arc 30 asymmetrical

He then went on to ding up another rear, then a front, then the final rear.

I built him a set of EX511 which sold on his bike.

He's absolute bike destroying machine but from what I remember, they were quite soft.
Second @ozzybmx experience, made from a medium firm cheddar.

Old ones were great but the new version will ding quickly. They hold the bead afterwards alright but eventually they give way. Also the nukeproof rims are even softer.

Best rims I have used are DT Swiss, even the cheaper ones have been relatively robust.

Flow-Rider

Burner
This bushmans spray works well, it stinks a bit but they won't come near you.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/...tYeui_NxDh4psALPFiBoCqoMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I used to have a zapper and it worked a treat. As a bonus I used to catch their corpses and feed them to my fish.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Second @ozzybmx experience, made from a medium firm cheddar.

Old ones were great but the new version will ding quickly. They hold the bead afterwards alright but eventually they give way. Also the nukeproof rims are even softer.

Best rims I have used are DT Swiss, even the cheaper ones have been relatively robust.
Thanks. And to ozzybmx. Just spoke to a wheel builder who recommends against them and said, for my weight and "style" (he must be havin' a laff) I should look to DT Swiss 471 or 481. So, DT it is.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Serviced a Fox RP23 this afternoon. It won't hold air and looks to be leaking behind the rebound and Propedal dials.

It looks to be a take it to a Suspension Shop to sort it which I what most likely do.

Just before I wave the white flag has anyone DIY'ed fixing this one at home?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Serviced a Fox RP23 this afternoon. It won't hold air and looks to be leaking behind the rebound and Propedal dials.

It looks to be a take it to a Suspension Shop to sort it which I what most likely do.

Just before I wave the white flag has anyone DIY'ed fixing this one at home?
If it's coming out of the selector shaft holes, it's a degass of the IFP and strip down.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
If it's coming out of the selector shaft holes, it's a degass of the IFP and strip down.
Thank you sir. I was thinking that might be it. An o-ring or something has perished.

The bubbly brown ooze had to nitrogen mixed with oil or whatever else goes in that deep and dark area.

Past my pay grade now :)

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Looking at a shock upgrade and can get a Rock Shox Deluxe Ultimate in 190x40 for $150 less than the 190x45 travel version I need. Is it a simple task for a diyer to convert from 40 to 45mm travel?