The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Surprise, when through axle tightened, no free wheeling. If cranks stop, wheel turns a few degrees as chain goes slack.
If a DT hub spins correctly off the bike then binds up when you tighten the thru axle, you have forced the 2 ratchets to bind together.

Is there a spacer in there ? Make sure its on the right side when reassembling or remove it completely. Something is pushing the ratchets together.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Hope pro 4 hub bearings - get overpriced kit, or is there a cheaper option?

Had grinding in the rear hub while I was servicing the bike, so pulled the hub apart and the bearing cage in two bearings has snapped. Balls all over the place. Decided might aswell service the whole thing/replace all the bearings.
Hub shell bearings or freehub bearings?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Hope pro 4 hub bearings - get overpriced kit, or is there a cheaper option?

Had grinding in the rear hub while I was servicing the bike, so pulled the hub apart and the bearing cage in two bearings has snapped. Balls all over the place. Decided might aswell service the whole thing/replace all the bearings.
As @Dales Cannon stated any local bearing shop will have the bearings (especially hub bearings. Full complement pivot bearings, not always).

You are Melbourne-ish I believe. CBC Sunshine or Rolling Bearings West are 2 good options westside of the CBD...

Labcanary

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Are you west side Melbourne?
Maybe try https://www.rollingbearingswest.com.au/

Find your hub here, check out the exploded view diagram and it lists the bearing sizes and quantity:

Eg
View attachment 389239

I haven't had to replace bearings in any Pro4 hubs yet, the older pro2 and pro2 Evo had a few different sizes.

Edit: what @fjohn860 said!
thanks for the shop info. I am indeed in the west.

Coincidentally the marked bearing are incorrect for the pro4 that i have. The labeling on the shield says 17x26x5 of the outer freehub. The other ones are also different. I also note though that the freehub body is completely different. The diagrams look like the old shimano style freehubs. I have a XD freehub on this one. Seems none of the bearing details line up with the list, even outsid eof the freehub body. Kind of annoying.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

Labcanary

thanks for the shop info. I am indeed in the west.

Coincidentally the marked bearing are incorrect for the pro4 that i have. The labeling on the shield says 17x26x5 of the outer freehub. The other ones are also different. I also note though that the freehub body is completely different. The diagrams look like the old shimano style freehubs. I have a XD freehub on this one. Seems none of the bearing details line up with the list, even outsid eof the freehub body. Kind of annoying.

XD looks to have 2 different bearing sizes. S6803 2rs should be 17x26x5.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Stopped for a coffee in a country town take away store today.
Was tempted to order a handful, just to see.
What would I have got?
View attachment 389363
How big were the hands of the person that served you?

Do they have a scoop they have labeled handful to represent average of a handful of all staff in store?

Or is it dependent on the mood of the server and how much you get.

So much mystery, so much intrigue. I really did think about this too much.

moorey

call me Mia
How big were the hands of the person that served you?

Do they have a scoop they have labeled handful to represent average of a handful of all staff in store?

Or is it dependent on the mood of the server and how much you get.

So much mystery, so much intrigue. I really did think about this too much.
She was a petite Asian lady. Maximum of 7-10 chips in her hands, I reckon.

I had plenty of questions…but was too scared to ask.