The QUICK question thread.....

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Make sure you get the CT "18" and not the 20 if you go that route.

20 is wash and wax, which is not ideal on brake rotors. Ask me how I know...
haha thanks for the tip. Will take note - may be able to swing it as a "purchase for the wife's moto". She loves washing her bike :)

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Went AOT on my bike this arvo and busted the LHS brake lever off. Looks like its going to be faster/cheaper to replace the complete unit than the lever alone if I can find one. Just wondering whether an XT BL-M8000 work ok with SLX 7120 calipers? Have one in the cart at Bikebug.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah nah lol
Do you have kids? Are you one of those weirdos who rides their bike? Shit dude, if you must polish your bal... I mean bike, CT18 is good, as is Simple Green all purpose cleaner.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

scblack

Leucocholic
Has anyone tried this one: PrestaCycle One Liquid? I have used it for a few months now. Always used RNR before, but thought I'd give it a try. Performance is as good as RNR, but seems to be a good bit dirtier, as in a blacker and wetter residue after applying. Will keep goi ng for a while.

But any other users of this one?

Oddjob

Has anyone tried this one: PrestaCycle One Liquid? I have used it for a few months now. Always used RNR before, but thought I'd give it a try. Performance is as good as RNR, but seems to be a good bit dirtier, as in a blacker and wetter residue after applying. Will keep goi ng for a while.

But any other users of this one?

View attachment 388946
Never even heard of it till now.

Oddjob

A wipe down and a squirt of lube aint going to do anything for this.
View attachment 388948View attachment 388949
Well since you asked nicely.

I always like to stop off at a servo and get the chunky mud off before it dries on the way home. As mentioned, CT18 and Simple Green are good for washing the bike/drive train. Taking wheels and brake pads off then hitting bike with silicon spray is surprisingly good at encouraging mud to slide off next time.

But middle aged lazy me refuses to ride in the mud and I can't be bothered washing dust/sand off.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
cheap (and bike safe) alternatives to branded drivetrain cleaners/degreasers?

Understand people use shit like kerosene etc, but looking for something thats a bit milder, doesnt cost 30 bucks a bottle and can be sprayed/applied close to or on other bike parts (by overspray , onto thinks like carbon etc).

prior to this been using muc-off and Krush, with Krush being my prefered option where avilable.
Miracle Red...