The QUICK question thread.....

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
MTB pants

Suggestions for breathable stretch MTB pants for summer shuttle/loft days?

Looking for some extra protection (ie. more than what I get from my thicker mtb shorts).
Or am I barking up the wrong tree, and should I just be looking at hip protection and longer knee/shin pads?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I’ve googled and guess I’m asking the wrong question.
This contact on my iPhone has planted itself at the top of my text messages list and I can’t get rid of it. They are not a ‘favourite’ contact. In fact it annoys me because the number belongs to someone that really irritates me but unfortunately I need to talk to them occasionally and it pisses me off everytime I see it there. I’ve even deleted the contact and reinstated them but it just keep coming right back to top of my messages list. How do I get rid of it? View attachment 385111
There's not an earlier message in the conversation that's marked as unread is there? That'll often 'push to top'.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Do you need all of the messages? If not try and delete all of them and maybe then it will move. This is from a life long Android user so take my suggestion for what it's worth.
You’re talking to a person that has never deleted an email or marked it as read. Setting up a new iPad recently it suddenly notified me I had about 6000 unread emails. I was very sad thinking of all the riding time lost deleting them one by one when the missus yanked the iPad out of my hand with pure contempt and marked them ALL as read in 2 seconds, handed the iPad back and stalked off muttering under her breath about wishing she’d made that ‘other’ choice all those years ago.

I’ll investigate this option. But it useful having past messages to refer to so probably don’t want to do that. Yet.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
MTB pants

Suggestions for breathable stretch MTB pants for summer shuttle/loft days?

Looking for some extra protection (ie. more than what I get from my thicker mtb shorts).
Or am I barking up the wrong tree, and should I just be looking at hip protection and longer knee/shin pads?
I've got old model Fox Flexair and the new Rapha pants. Flexair material is lighter but it's also a bit of a plastic bag. I also tore the elastic out at the ankles because it isn't stretchy enough to get over your heel easily... First time it happened I got it warrantied, second time I just cut it our and sewed some 4-way stretch athletic fabric in in its place. The new ones have a bigger elastic panel that seems like it would fix this problem. The flex airs also only have front pockets which I hate.

The Rapha pants are great. They're a bit heavier but I still wore them two weeks ago riding Mystic park at Bright in 30+ degree afternoon heat. Bit sweaty but fine, and as you say, bit more protective than shorts without the restriction of pads. The Rapha ones are also way better thought out in terms of pockets, waist adjustment etc.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Need to replace the dhr2 out back and am considering an Maxis Ardent. Have an assegai up front.

Anyone have opinions on the ardent on the rear? Usual haunt is youis/ forrest.

moorey

call me Mia
Need to replace the dhr2 out back and am considering an Maxis Ardent. Have an assegai up front.

I hate ardents, personally. The 2.4 is almost ok, 2.25 is terrible.
Aggressor is a little better in dry and hard pack.
Dissector is better again all round for traction.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I hate ardents, personally. The 2.4 is almost ok, 2.25 is terrible.
Aggressor is a little better in dry and hard pack.
Dissector is better again all round for traction.
Anecdotally, Dissectors seem to explode/tear/puncture/have knobs fall off anytime someone looks at them?

Aggressors seem pretty tough... I got my first snake-bite puncture after riding them for about the last 3 years or so (and they last forever, so that's only about 3 tyres due to changing wheel sizes a couple of times)...

moorey

call me Mia
Anecdotally, Dissectors seem to explode/tear/puncture/have knobs fall off anytime someone looks at them?

Aggressors seem pretty tough... I got my first snake-bite puncture after riding them for about the last 3 years or so (and they last forever, so that's only about 3 tyres due to changing wheel sizes a couple of times)...
Survivor bias? In my circle, people who ride a lot harder, opt for dissector….
Do you see people exploding crossmarks?
Just a theory.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I'm a fan of Aggressor for Youies riding, but am pretty much 'set and forget' with tires