The QUICK question thread.....

Litenbror

Eats Squid
My wielding skills are limited to cricket bats, but that horizontal mark across the weld does not look like a crack from the second photo you posted.
Yeah the closer photo it's starting to look like a scratch. Took me by surprise this morning because I looked down and there it was.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Did it really change from that dark black colour in the first photo to the light grey in your second one?
Yeah on the trail this morning it was the colour from the first photo. Just took the other photo a few minutes ago (3hrs difference) and it's now light grey.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Looks like where someone has hit the weld while doing the wire bush finish, it's taken a small gouge out of the surface of the weld.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Looks like where someone has hit the weld while doing the wire bush finish, it's taken a small gouge out of the surface of the weld.
They typical use the cloth type emery paper to give the frame its final buffed look. Look like they’ve hit that spot with the grinder beforehand though so it hasn’t got polished up in the final stage. Good trick for checking for cracks is to spray a little isopropyl alcohol on the suspect area and watch how the liquid flashes (dries) off. If it stays wet around/seeps out of the crack after the rest has flashed off, not good. If it dries at a similar pace - should be okay.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
They typical use the cloth type emery paper to give the frame its final buffed look. Look like they’ve hit that spot with the grinder beforehand though so it hasn’t got polished up in the final stage. Good trick for checking for cracks is to spray a little isopropyl alcohol on the suspect area and watch how the liquid flashes (dries) off. If it stays wet around/seeps out of the crack after the rest has flashed off, not good. If it dries at a similar pace - should be okay.
It appeared this morning as I had the bike out last night and didn't see it. Trying to think what could have done a scratch like that with out me noticing.

Good tip for the isopropyl alcohol will try that next time.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’ve googled and guess I’m asking the wrong question.
This contact on my iPhone has planted itself at the top of my text messages list and I can’t get rid of it. They are not a ‘favourite’ contact. In fact it annoys me because the number belongs to someone that really irritates me but unfortunately I need to talk to them occasionally and it pisses me off everytime I see it there. I’ve even deleted the contact and reinstated them but it just keep coming right back to top of my messages list. How do I get rid of it?