The QUICK question thread.....

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Mezzer owners...

So I changed the travel to 150mm with 3 spacers. Assumed it went fine. Didn't touch damper side. Now my rebound know is stuck?
Anyone know what's going on? Did I bust something?

moorey

call me Mia
Mezzer owners...

So I changed the travel to 150mm with 3 spacers. Assumed it went fine. Didn't touch damper side. Now my rebound know is stuck?
Anyone know what's going on? Did I bust something?
Rebound knob?
On RS if you don’t have it sitting in the right spot when doing up the grub screw, it fouls abc won’t turn. Been a few years since running manitou.

dirtdad

Rebound knob?
On RS if you don’t have it sitting in the right spot when doing up the grub screw, it fouls abc won’t turn. Been a few years since running manitou.
Yes, knob. Hmm. Will have a look, but no grub screw. Just a 2mm Allen screw from the end (not the side).

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Yes, knob. Hmm. Will have a look, but no grub screw. Just a 2mm Allen screw from the end (not the side).
On my Mattocs if their is any grime it causes problems. Take knob off. Make sure it’s all clean on bottom of fork and inside the little groove on the top inside of the knob. Place knob back on no screw and see if it will turn. If so grub screw back in good to go. If not go to the Mezzer thread on MTBR and see if they can help. :)

dirtdad

Checked Mooreys idea. But the knob sits the same in all positions and still won't budge. Worried if I twist it too hard it'll break something. But could it be just tweaked a little too far in one direction?

I could have turned the rebound rod slightly when reinstalling the lowers. For context, the mezzer requires an 8mm hex to be held in the end of the rebound rod while you nip up the foot nut on that side. If you try and do up the foot nut without it, the whole rebound assembly turns. Maybe there's something in the damper that shifts if the rebound assembly is turned?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Checked Mooreys idea. But the knob sits the same in all positions and still won't budge. Worried if I twist it too hard it'll break something. But could it be just tweaked a little too far in one direction?

I could have turned the rebound rod slightly when reinstalling the lowers. For context, the mezzer requires an 8mm hex to be held in the end of the rebound rod while you nip up the foot nut on that side. If you try and do up the foot nut without it, the whole rebound assembly turns. Maybe there's something in the damper that shifts if the rebound assembly is turned?
Personally I wouldn't risk it unless you know exactly what you're doing. You're better off letting an expert look at them, then breaking a part then letting an expert look at them.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

tobbogonist

a registered member
I stumbled across a wtb moto raptor 2.1 and a Hutchinson python. Both 26.
Lightly used.
Quick question; would these be usefull to anyone? Before I pack them up and they spend another 5 years in a box.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Even if so, surely there are better places to ask. Maybe I local shop?
I thought we had some bona fide tradies on the site?

I'm going to paint our back patio and wanted to know if I can use some self levelling concrete to fill in the seams to make one continuous surface or is this a bad idea due to contraction/expansion?