The Photo Snob Thread

hubbie

Forever 1,337
I'm pretty sure he's got a 1DsMkIII going for around $1800, a 1DMkIII going for $900 and a 400D for $60. If only they took Nikon lenses...
shotgun the 400d if tristan speaks truth and it works.

EDIT: started shutting down the computer after reading that and then was like, hang on! Booted back up just to throw down a shotgun. Would do beautifully while I saved for a 500d

Last edited:

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
shotgun the 400d if tristan speaks truth and it works.

EDIT: started shutting down the computer after reading that and then was like, hang on! Booted back up just to throw down a shotgun. Would do beautifully while I saved for a 500d

Dam you hubbie I was just coming back to do the same thing would of made for a nice spare body if something untoward was to happen to my camera overseas, oh well, you can't win them all.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Dam you hubbie I was just coming back to do the same thing would of made for a nice spare body if something untoward was to happen to my camera overseas, oh well, you can't win them all.
Well though it hasn't been confirmed whether Tristan is right, I appreciate your not arguing, as I do not already have a camera, and am currently injured, which severely reduces my ability to earn money or ride a bike. Thx Blink182 ;)

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well though it hasn't been confirmed whether Tristan is right, I appreciate your not arguing, as I do not already have a camera, and am currently injured, which severely reduces my ability to earn money or ride a bike. Thx Blink182 ;)
Haha, hasn't really been the greatest week for me, so I'll just put that down to some more bad luck :p. Injuries are no fun, hope ya rcover soon :)

contagious

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saw this chat on tilt shift and had never heard of it, had a little over see of the internet and thought it looked pretty sweet, which made me think perhap sI should have a crack, slightly suprised at how it went, perhaps a more interesting subject next time would be good, bu tbesides that I think the effect is really cool :)

Also 400D - $60? :eek: stealathon
Looks good but just remember that the top of the crane would also be in focus.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Hey snobbers, just filling out my details for media accreditation @ Stromlo World Champs.

I have a question regarding a proffesional card. Basically... What the hell is it? I dont need the whole spiel regarding the fact that its nigh on impossible as a freelancer to get accreditation, as Im entering as a part of Clicked Media (yes we have and abn number). Is it just a business card, or am I way off?

Cheers.
Sam, you don't need a professional card. I don't have one (I have been approved for accreditation). You are not guaranteed accreditation, so don't waste your money getting a professional membership.

Good luck, and see you in the tent!

Tilt shift was done about 500 pages ago! I know we have nearly 1100 pages here, but it wouldn't hurt to flip back through every once in a while top remember and refresh what has been done. Especially if your new to the thread.

Last edited:

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks good but just remember that the top of the crane would also be in focus.
yeah I just noticed that :eek:, as I said first go, so i'm pretty pleased, when the weather a tad nicer i'll try again with something a little more interesting, if it works i'll post it up.

entombed

membarrrr
I think they'd even laugh at that. AIPP = lovely sticker.
I know but this is what i got in 2005
Just hunted out some old emails and found this.
(from UCI accreditation director, no less):

If not a member of AIPP or the like in Australia put N/A (as in not applicable) in Prof.card nr** field.
In Note: put a note saying that you are a professional photographer but not a member of a national professional organization.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I know but this is what i got in 2005
Just hunted out some old emails and found this.
(from UCI accreditation director, no less):

If not a member of AIPP or the like in Australia put N/A (as in not applicable) in Prof.card nr** field.
In Note: put a note saying that you are a professional photographer but not a member of a national professional organization.
Stephen, I just left them blank.:D

bikerboy85

Likes Dirt
What does getting media accred allow you to do. Having shot last years world cup, the pass dosent really allow you in places the public cant go. All it really allows you to do is go inside the bunting and in the media tent. Nothing really that exciting.

Sam.

Eats Squid
I really found it helpful having one tbh, standing inside the second row of bunting was so much better than where the public are, you can get a hell of a lot closer and placing flashes where you want them instead of having a marshall do it was also rather helpful. Also having accreditation at the 4x meant we could be inside the fences, which also was helpful... I even managed to have a spill infront of a drunken crowd ha! Whats not to love:p

Edit- A ghetto fix for a broken hotshoe mount before Awaba, thanks for that Nic (wreaking havoc on my flashes that is, evil biatch!).

I confess, the idea is stolen from Tristan and Alan, but I should imagine this is a hell of a lot more ghetto:eek:.

If anyone sees me out on the hill, pop over and say hi, I should be easy to spot with my ghettoness.

Last edited:

alexx23

Likes Dirt
A few from tonight, wasn't very happy with the car shot's, in need of more light i feel, looked better on my 2.7" screen!
I would like some tips on the car shots, location isn't ideal as the street is on a slope. ill stop my complaining, CC would be good. thanks.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Poor choice of location, lens flare, p plate in window, pole growing out of the bonnet... If you're going to shoot cars and make it look like it wasn't destined for a carsales.com.au ad, you need to put more thought and effort into it.

red_d0g

Likes Dirt
Picked my camera up from the post office around 5 o'clock today.
first camera i have ever owned. and with very limited knowledge bar the brief lesson i got in high school year's ago this is a result.

C&C appreciated.

Last edited:

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
Local band competition and 1st time shooting a gig. Some hardnuts instead of teenage girls probably would have improved this a lot.

3200iso and grainy as fuck so B&W seemed the sensible option. Thoughts?

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Local band competition and 1st time shooting a gig. Some hardnuts instead of teenage girls probably would have improved this a lot.

3200iso and grainy as fuck so B&W seemed the sensible option. Thoughts?
Although I find the angle a little boring, the composition of the girls and the singer really does work well. I think the chicks work just as well as a bunch of hardnuts would...the fact they're all doing the same thing is cool.

And yeah, B+W does work for this shot. You could probably even darken it a bit more to give more atmosphere.

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Poor choice of location, lens flare, p plate in window, pole growing out of the bonnet... If you're going to shoot cars and make it look like it wasn't destined for a carsales.com.au ad, you need to put more thought and effort into it.
thanks, couldn't take it else where as i am 15. but might have another go tonight somewhere else with help form sister. how do i kill lens flair? just don't have street lights in the picture i guess?

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Some hardnuts instead of teenage girls probably would have improved this a lot.
I like it with the chicks. It gives the photo that feeling of "someone's getting laid tonight".

Just to mention, yesterday my dad passed on his old Minolta SRT100b onto me, so I get to play with film now (And save $100 from being spent on ebay).

Little T

Likes Dirt
Thoughts on this here as a first flash? I only need something cheapish for now and figured I could get 2 for around $320 posted, I don't think I can justify spending more than that just for one 430exII.