The last movie you've last watched last

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Two over the weekend.

Bullet Train - every character is a caricature, plot optional, lots of Thomas the Tank Engine references. Stupid but excellent. Defs worth a watch if you're a Guy Richie fan.

Nope - I think I liked it, but if someone could explain to me what happened that'd be great.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Defs worth a watch if you're a Guy Richie fan.

I watched wrath of man on my flight home from Tokyo. It was shit. The story, the script, the acting, the dialogue, the pace, the characters...it was just all garbage and shit. It was like a high school student had wanted to make a copy of a guy Ritchie film. Or perhaps he has some sort of contractual obligation to produce a certain number of films so just pumped that one out, like musicians sometimes do when they are over their record label but still want money for purple things.

I watched some other films. But they were even worse. I also watched house of the dragon on the way over...that was also dissapointing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well if you imagine a line of people on hands an knees, each holding the ankles of the person in front of them while Kylie sings do he locomotive with me...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Watched Meet Me in the Bathroom. A doco about the indie rock wave that came out of New York around y2k. Featured The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Interpol, The Rapture, LCD Soundsystem and TV on the Radio. Mostly archival footage with a little bit of interviews from now.

Pretty good but surprisingly missed a few big bands from the time like the Dandy Warhols, Blonde Redhead, The National and Les Savy Fav.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Not sure about the others but Dandy Warhols aren't from New York.
Oops good point. The others definitely were.

Just remembered my favourite part of the movie: The Strokes as a band telling Ryan Adams to fuck off and never talk to them.

Ended up having a lot more respect for the Strokes. Despite all the hype and fame that surrounded them they were first and foremost friends. You could see this with Julian's love hate relationship with fame, their protectiveness of Albert (thus the big fuck you to Ryan) and Julian growing up and learning to let go in order to let the others have more input.

Also, Karen O is the coolest woman in rock by far.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Sounds great, will have to check that out.

For me the Dandy's sit in my memory as more of a '90s act, not so much the new wave of rock that from the turn of the millennium. Also not from NY, but I'd pop BRMC in that milieu.

Was a great time for music, the early naughties.

Oddjob

BRMC are from San Fran and the Donnas were from Palo Alto. I'm sure they both rocked CBGBs and The Chelsea.

That early aughts sparked so many great bands/musicians like the Killers, Bloc Party, Le Tigre, Broken Social Scene, Metric, Peaches, Stars, Feist, Justice, Soulwax etc etc etc. I'm clearly showing my age but the only bands recently to spark my passion are Spacey Jane, Tame Impala and CHVRCHES.

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
Bullet Train - every character is a caricature, plot optional, lots of Thomas the Tank Engine references. Stupid but excellent. Defs worth a watch if you're a Guy Richie fan.
I like Guy Richie and tried to watch this the other night but just couldn't get into it :(.