The last movie you've last watched last

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah Limp Bizkit moshes were f***ing crazy but the closest I came to death in one was System of a Down at Sydney BDO in 2002.
I took one look at those moshes and said hell no. Much safer (and less of a sausagefest) with New Order, Jurrasic 5 and Basement Jaxx crowds.

The BDO afterparties were wild in those days too. The Moulin Rouge and Globe in Sydney were in full swing then.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pffffft...the really exciting thing about the golden era big day out was seeing how many people could actually fit on the fiat train out of central station.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I took one look at those moshes and said hell no. Much safer (and less of a sausagefest) with New Order, Jurrasic 5 and Basement Jaxx crowds.

The BDO afterparties were wild in those days too. The Moulin Rouge and Globe in Sydney were in full swing then.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
J5 was one of THE funnest crowds ive ever been in. Agree. Also TISM, Avalanches. maralyn manson and john buttler were notable happy, caring fun times.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Had a bit of a couch day yesterday and managed to make some poor life choices.....

Dr Strange and the Multiverse something. Very limited understanding of what was going on, cool that Wanda is back to being evil again? She didn't exactly get a good deal out of joining the Avengers ensemble. Still think Marvel is struggling a bit post Endgame and can't really work out what to do with the franchise.

The Kingsman. Basic bitch level retconning of world events for a Playschool audience. The original Kingsmen movie this definitely isn't, made it 50 minutes in and switched it off. Can't even recommend it hungover.

Prey. Predictable but enjoyable.

Alien Covenant. Now we're talking. Made more sense than Prometheus (even if it decided to mostly avoid answering any questions that movie posed), and had less characters doing really, really stupid shit just to keep the plot going. Still nothing on the original movies, but I liked it.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The events that lead up to the new doctor strange that relate to Wanda are in the Wandavision TV show. Its an interesting watch and very unique. Kind of so weird you're wondering if it makes sense to keep watching, but when it clicks, its great and worth the investment.

100% agree on the Kingsman. when i saw the Rasputin scenes in the trailer I was hoping for much more. What they delivered in relation to him was disappointing.

I recently started the French dispatch, the new Wes Anderson movie. Could not get into it. I've enjoyed everything else of his ive seen, but that was meh. Made it half way.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The events that lead up to the new doctor strange that relate to Wanda are in the Wandavision TV show. Its an interesting watch and very unique. Kind of so weird you're wondering if it makes sense to keep watching, but when it clicks, its great and worth the investment.
I have actually seen a bit of Wandavision and agreed, very unique. I enjoyed it but then got distracted and forgot to keep watching. Might need to give it another go.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...well there you go, they made a third kingsman film. I thought they were struggling pretty hard just to make the second.

cammas

Seamstress
Watched Prey and Koma over the weekend, both Mrs and I enjoyed Prey thought it was well done.
I quite enjoyed Coma/Koma it is a Russian movie dubbed into english, the premise reminded me a lot of Stephen Donaldson’s “Chronicles of Thomas Convenant” which I never finished reading as 12 year old, probably should try that again. Special effects were good and I enjoy the Russian movies, “Major Grom” is another good one but depends on your taste, still yet to find somewhere to watch Guardians in English, which is a Russian Marvel style movie.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I've been watching The Sandman on Netflix. It's pretty good. Seems to have a fairly UK based production with cast out of Game of Thrones and Doctor Who.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I've been watching The Sandman on Netflix. It's pretty good. Seems to have a fairly UK based production with cast out of Game of Thrones and Doctor Who.
ah yes. finished this. I like neil gaiman as an author, but neve rknew he did this comic series. I enjoyed it. Its quite unique.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Nope.

Nope. Not worth it IMHO. Predictable, boring story line with no real surprises and one main hole that didn't add up.

I should have picked The Black Phone instead...

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
ah yes. finished this. I like neil gaiman as an author, but neve rknew he did this comic series. I enjoyed it. Its quite unique.
I'm just 4 episodes in, but so far I quite like it. It will certain fill in until the next series of The Witcher arrives.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Nope.

Nope. Not worth it IMHO. Predictable, boring story line with no real surprises and one main hole that didn't add up.

I should have picked The Black Phone instead...
Are there any good copies available yet? keen to see it.

The black phone is average. i think many of your above comments will transpose quite well over that movie too. Want a good Horror flick, i could recommend "the night house" . Think its on prime at the meoment.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Watched Prey and Koma over the weekend, both Mrs and I enjoyed Prey thought it was well done.
I quite enjoyed Coma/Koma it is a Russian movie dubbed into english, the premise reminded me a lot of Stephen Donaldson’s “Chronicles of Thomas Convenant” which I never finished reading as 12 year old, probably should try that again. Special effects were good and I enjoy the Russian movies, “Major Grom” is another good one but depends on your taste, still yet to find somewhere to watch Guardians in English, which is a Russian Marvel style movie.
I really liked The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant as a teenager, not sure how well they'd hold as an adult, possibly better leaving those memories in the nostalgia section.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Watched 'Sputnik' a while back. Russian Sci-Fi/Horror flick. Enjoyed it a lot, probably because it was very much not an American explosions pew-pew-pew we saved 'Murica! type of film.