The last movie you've last watched last

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

Pretty good I thought.
Darkly funny in the right places, interspersed with dread throughout.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Watched The Batman. Pretty slow burn, and the last 15 minutes felt tacked on. But character development was solid and it was cool to see Batman do actual detective stuff. Plus the Riddler arc had an unnerving Seven vibe to it.

TL/DR flawed but still better than anything since The Dark Knight.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Top Gun Maverick. Saw it in the big screen.
It is a good follow on form the original movie.
It did feel a bit Mission impossible in fighter plans.

Spoiler alert below.

I thought they missed the opportunity to switch film plot to a remake of Behind enemy lines when they were shot down in the forest. Owen Wilson could have easily played Rooster.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Top Gun Maverick. Saw it in the big screen.
It is a good follow on form the original movie.
It did feel a bit Mission impossible in fighter plans.
It is decent overall but important to turn the brain off and go along for the ride. It sure borrows from the first Star Wars movie and I noticed bit while watching it. The internet nerds dissected it totally after I googled afterwards.

https://screenrant.com/top-gun-maverick-has-a-lot-of-star-wars-death-star-attack-similarities/

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is decent overall but important to turn the brain off and go along for the ride. It sure borrows from the first Star Wars movie and I noticed bit while watching it. The internet nerds dissected it totally after I googled afterwards.

https://screenrant.com/top-gun-maverick-has-a-lot-of-star-wars-death-star-attack-similarities/
Yep very good point. I did watch it through my old child eyes/mind of when the first film came out. You don’t want to get all critical adult here or you will last only 20 minutes enjoying it.

I did not pick up the star wars rip off. Wow so obvious now.

It was interesting how they included Val Kilmar’s health struggle.

You still have no idea who the hell they are fighting in all this but as a 10 year old who cares.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
They can't say China or Russia or any other communist country since they would like them to buy a ticket too I guess. :)
The fact that they have F14s pretty much fingers Iran as the bad guys.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The fact that they have F14s pretty much fingers Iran as the bad guys.
They don't have 5th generation fighter nor that other *istan places either I think.

It was quite handy to have all the bad guys at the airfield runs off and have the vintage F14 flight ready and almost all ready to go.
What are the chances of that, I tells ya.......

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just a breath away (French film, SBS OnDemand)

Basic premise, earthquake releases toxic gas in Paris. Survival drama with lead character's daughter (with medical condition) trapped in air-filtered bubble but with diminishing battery.

The special effects, and basic premise were really good. Character interactions were well acted, but the storyline was filled with plot holes. Like they get hold of oxygen masks and can venture out into the gas, but both parents head out at once (depleting two lots of air simultaneously), a medical suit that has a dead person in it (who presumably died from the gas) needs to be salvaged so someone else can venture into the gas (err, what?), and the whole fucking film they praise the father for being resourceful but I was left wondering "Why don't they just grab a scooter and zip around rather than walking in the gas while they're on a limited air supply?". Happens with about 5 minutes to go. FMD... :rolleyes:

3/5 just because the premise and acting was good. Would've been 4/5 if I hadn't guessed the ending about halfway through the film (and the ending wasn't so friggen lame). Overall I actually quite enjoyed it, but was just a bit too weak in how events unfolded.

Actually, it has Olga Kurylenko in a lead role, so I have give it a bonus half point for that, so 3.5/5. :p

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Basic premise, earthquake releases toxic gas in Paris. Survival drama with lead character's daughter (with medical condition) trapped in air-filtered bubble but with diminishing
Diminishing..... what? Garlic? Arrogance? Farts? DON'T LEAVE ME IN SUSPENSE LIKE THIS.
Actually, it has Olga Kurylenko in a lead role, so I have give it a bonus half point for that, so 3.5/5. :p
Heh. Also; yes.