The last movie you've last watched last

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Ghostbusters Afterlife

Dripping in nostalgia, cameos and references to the originals, and completely ignoring that last steaming pile of shyte attempt at a reboot, my inner 10 year old couldn't have been more chuffed with it. :D

Would definitely watch again, and probably as part of a 3 movie marathon, but i'd definitely make sure i have a good supply of tissues for the ending. its not quite red dog, but there was some choking up when egon showed up for a last little get together. it was cliche, and predictable, but it was effective.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dune
8/10.
Visually amazeballs. Much more energetic and action-ey than Bladerunner 2049.
Should be seen on a big movie screen or a very large TV with your phone off and given your full attention
Saw this in IMAX over the weekend. Pretty sure the soundtrack broke a rib :)
Definitely needs to be seen on a big screen

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I could have almost coped with it ending in being hailed as a hero after killing a pimp etc.....but they just witnessed him preparing to assassinate the senator.
If you're ever bored (like say in covid iso) have a roam around google for discussions about the end of taxi driver...
Apparently the screenwriter was 'inspired' by the woman who attempted to assassinate Gerald Ford and ended up with her face all over magazine covers. He couldn't understand why she was being made famous and so wanted to work this idea of people fetish-ising infamy into the ending.

danncam

Likes Dirt
If you're ever bored (like say in covid iso) have a roam around google for discussions about the end of taxi driver...
Apparently the screenwriter was 'inspired' by the woman who attempted to assassinate Gerald Ford and ended up with her face all over magazine covers. He couldn't understand why she was being made famous and so wanted to work this idea of people fetish-ising infamy into the ending.

Iconic Taxi Driver scene

Minlak

custom titis
I had to read discussion boards for Donny Darko - movie is completely different watching it with knowledge of what it’s supposed to mean - there is no way you would understand it from the movie itself

moorey

call me Mia
I had to read discussion boards for Donny Darko - movie is completely different watching it with knowledge of what it’s supposed to mean - there is no way you would understand it from the movie itself
In that case, it’s just pointless wankery. I saw it years ago. Wasn’t bad. Wouldn’t waste 30 seconds having someone explain it. It’s a movie, not a cure for cancer.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Ghostbusters Afterlife

Dripping in nostalgia, cameos and references to the originals, and completely ignoring that last steaming pile of shyte attempt at a reboot, my inner 10 year old couldn't have been more chuffed with it. :D

Would definitely watch again, and probably as part of a 3 movie marathon, but i'd definitely make sure i have a good supply of tissues for the ending. its not quite red dog, but there was some choking up when egon showed up for a last little get together. it was cliche, and predictable, but it was effective.
View attachment 385709

such a good movie and awesome tribute! sure some bits where "meh" but overall big thumbs up and i totally agree, definitely some wetter than normal eyes, i also think makign him NOT talk was fantastic, even though im sure they could have easily done it

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Here you go folks. I enjoyed it. Only 30 minutes and bit of everything old and new including Ancient Aliens.

Is that bike powered by an ancient alien technology?

On the flight here (as is my usual behaviour on a flight) I was unable to sleep so I watched some pretty shit films:

- James Bond No Time to Die
This was ok for a bond film. Maybe I rate it 5/10

- old Henry
This was shit. 1/10

- reminiscence
Again...total shit. Perhaps inception for dummies. 2/10

- Django
I hadn't seen it, but had obviously head of it. It was good and pretty much exactly what I was expecting. 6/10

- mad dog morgan
Pretty shit story telling and erible acting despite some big names. 4/10

I think there was setting else, but it was a long flight and the world was all a blur.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Is that bike powered by an ancient alien technology?
There is a Swiss connection but I'll leave it for you to uncover it.

I think there was setting else, but it was a long flight and the world was all a blur.
Geeez, one 6/10 on long haul must be disappointing. Can you hit your music collection on your phone or a juicy sleeping pill instead?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is a Swiss connection but I'll leave it for you to uncover it.

Geeez, one 6/10 on long haul must be disappointing. Can you hit your music collection on your phone or a juicy sleeping pill instead?

Lack of sleep hasn't been an issue for me when I land etc. I think I'm just too excited to be on a holiday! It's not too different to Christmas Eve...

Qantas seem to always have shit movie options. It matches in with the rest of their service. But they were the only ones offering what I wanted.

I don't see much film outside of it, so I'm looking forward to getting another dose on the return home. Hopefully there is some new titles!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Lack of sleep hasn't been an issue for me when I land etc. I think I'm just too excited to be on a holiday! It's not too different to Christmas Eve...

Qantas seem to always have shit movie options. It matches in with the rest of their service. But they were the only ones offering what I wanted.

I don't see much film outside of it, so I'm looking forward to getting another dose on the return home. Hopefully there is some new titles!
Good one getting away for a while in the wake of Covid.

Agree with the Qantas movie options. It never was too good apart from maybe one of two movies. If you stay away long enough then you might have a few more different things to watch. Feel for the folks on US domestic flights that don't have anything except watching the headrest in front of you or your own phone if you are keen / sensible.

slowmick

38-39"
In 2007 I flew with around the US with United Airways. Every plane I got on over those 3 weeks was playing Blade of Glory. I seem to remember it got better the more times I saw it. Maybe it was Stockholm syndrome...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I watched 'Swiss Army Man' tonight.

It was weird. Bits were quite entertaining, but overall it leaned a bit too far into the absurd for me in places to really like it.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If you want a truly special air experience try flying Malaysian Airlines. All shite, the only thing I found worth watching (Three Billboard in Ebbing Missouri) had all the swearing hilariously dubbed over.

From (hazy) memory both Singapore and Cathay Pacific are pretty good.