The last movie you've last watched last

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Clunked my way through half of Terminator Dark Fate last night before I fell asleep on the couch. From what I remember it was pretty good though, the fight scenes were f***ing excellent and the premise and the whole augmented future human thing is kinda cool.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don’t understand this movie. They made a Suicide Squad a few years ago. Is this a sequel, remake or re-imagining? It’s got the same female actor in both as the CIA boss.
The first one was "Suicide Squad" this one is "THE Suicide Squad"...its a sequel...or really with all this superhero crap another episode movie...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I grew up reading and loving the comics from DC and Marvel. And have seen almost all of them (don't watch WW1984, it's terrible I hear).

Suicide Squad 1 was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Bear in mind I got to see it for free, with a choc top and popcorn and I couldn't get out fast enough. No amount of Cara Delevingne cavorting around on screen can polish up that turd.

This current one will never get my time either. Even though I love the genre, I absolutely will not watch drivel just because it's based on superheroes.
It's FOC for me and I'd need paying to watch it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
La Femme Nikita. Saw it in the the 90’s but couldn’t remember much. Bit like that back then.
Im a big fan of Luc Bessons 5th Element and the professional. But found this one a bit lacking despite the high IMBD score.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I grew up reading and loving the comics from DC and Marvel. And have seen almost all of them (don't watch WW1984, it's terrible I hear).

Suicide Squad 1 was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Bear in mind I got to see it for free, with a choc top and popcorn and I couldn't get out fast enough. No amount of Cara Delevingne cavorting around on screen can polish up that turd.

This current one will never get my time either. Even though I love the genre, I absolutely will not watch drivel just because it's based on superheroes.
It's FOC for me and I'd need paying to watch it.
The new one is a very different beast I hear. It's James Gunn directing it for a start. He did a bang up job with Guardians of the Galaxy and while the sequel could have done with a bit of trimming, I can put that down to Marvel's excess.
Super is an absolute cracker of a film and from the sounds of it, DC are continuing down the path of gratuitous, schlocky fun that they've already trodden with Doom Patrol and the Harley Quinn series. Gunn's with his B-movie heritage is a perfect fit.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah the reason I saw it is the the gF is a big James Gunn fan... but then I didnt like gardians of the galaxy2 or this...
Thing is, while it wasnt great, I kinda liked the first one...which I know everyone panned, maybe I had low expectations.

Oh yeah and as mentioned WW84 is terrible...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Super is an absolute cracker of a film and from the sounds of it, DC are continuing down the path of gratuitous, schlocky fun that they've already trodden with Doom Patrol and the Harley Quinn series. Gunn's with his B-movie heritage is a perfect fit.
The issue I have with the DC universe is that Warner Bros (or whoever) just don't have any confidence in the direction they want to take the franchise. So we get flashy bullshit with no context or backstory and asinine characters (Suicide Squad, original Justice League), movies like Batman v Superman trying to jam too much into too little time then trips down memory lane with dark, gritty stuff like Joker. Mostly with a faintly desperate air of trying to squeeze even an iota of popularity out of what Marvel can reliably bank on by just copying their formula without understanding what makes it work.

The Jack Snyder Justice League version proves they can make original, interesting takes on superhero stuff when they have faith in what they're doing (although that really should've been 2-3 movies rather than one that went for a million years).

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The issue I have with the DC universe is that Warner Bros (or whoever) just don't have any confidence in the direction they want to take the franchise. So we get flashy bullshit with no context or backstory and asinine characters (Suicide Squad, original Justice League), movies like Batman v Superman trying to jam too much into too little time then trips down memory lane with dark, gritty stuff like Joker. Mostly with a faintly desperate air of trying to squeeze even an iota of popularity out of it that Marvel can reliably bank on by just copying their formula without understanding what makes it work.

The Jack Snyder Justice League version proves they can make original, interesting takes on superhero stuff when they have faith in what they're doing (although that really should've been 2-3 movies rather than one that went for a million years).
Yeah, there's absolutely no coherence with them although I think that can actually be a good thing as it means that shows like Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn can still get made in spite of them taking some serious liberties with the Big Name characters...

Jpez

Down on the left!
Spirited away. Award winning Japanese anime film. My kid found it and chucked it on and I was like yeah whatevs a cartoon.but no. It is amazing. Incredible imaginative animation, seriously surreal trippy stuff going on. Took me back to a former life lol.
weirdest shit I’ve seen in ages. Was absolutely glued to the screen.
10/10.