The last movie you've last watched last

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I like Guy Richie and tried to watch this the other night but just couldn't get into it :(.
I just haven't gotten into any of his films since the Sherlock Holmes ones.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Speaking of Guy Richie... watched Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels last night - holds up well for it's age.

Also, took my son to see Dungeons and Dragons over the weekend. Better than average and had it's moments. Coincidentally for me, it was written and directed by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, who were the same team behind the movie Game Night (Jason Bateman, Rachel McAdams, also a good laugh) which we watched a few days earlier. John Francis Daley has come a way since playing the hapless character Mitch in Waiting back in 2005.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the kids to see the Super Mario movie.
Comes in at about 90 mins which was pretty much perfect as it didn't let anything drag. Enjoyed for the almost instantly forgettable fun it is; as a video game movie should be. It looked good, I chuckled in a few places and both kids enjoyed it - the 11 year old far more so than the cynical 15 year old

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Suzume (すずめの戸締まり). Unlike anything else I've seen this year. Fun and touching, it got me a bit teary.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watched Bullet Train. It was dumb fun with plenty of cheese. Every character and plot point had been done somewhere before and almost all cases, better; but it was a story told in in an engaging way and it looked like every actor enjoyed themselves. A good example of a movie that was made purely for the joy of making movies

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is that another way of saying it was pointless? :p
If 'fun' is 'pointless' then yeah, I guess :D
I'm often a fan of movies that are made because it appears someone wanted to make something that they thought would be fun. They don't need to tell big stories, or explore great themes, they just have to keep you entertained for a bit and let you go on with your life. Bullet Train did that nicely for me.

As a counter point, The Tomorrow War, which I think was meant to fill a similar sort of place on the movie watching spectrum, was not fun at all

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Apocalypse Now Final Cut. Luna does an epic for the first Monday of the month and this was playing so I went and saw it again. Still as good as the first time. Unfortunately there was too many people who don't know how cinemas work; too much coming and going and checking phones.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Apocalypse Now Final Cut. Luna does an epic for the first Monday of the month and this was playing so I went and saw it again. Still as good as the first time. Unfortunately there was too many people who don't know how cinemas work; too much coming and going and checking phones.
My favourite film of all time. Seen it many many times.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is an awesome film. Is the final cut the version with the lengthy french detour?

I watched platoon flying home Japan for the first time. It was a lot better than I expected.

I still need to watch deer hunter.

Jpez

Down on the left!
This is an awesome film. Is the final cut the version with the lengthy french detour?

I watched platoon flying home Japan for the first time. It was a lot better than I expected.

I still need to watch deer hunter.
I must admit I found the whole French plantation scene dragged a bit. I prefer the original.

Platoon- ‘This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.’
7DD1714A-50CA-4DDF-AC56-AE770BB317D2.jpeg

Deer Hunter- classic.

But all these films are old and according to @Squidfayce anything not made in the last 5 years is dated and crap.