The last movie you've last watched last

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It's almost as if all of the talent and depth gets reserved for the non mainline material.
My theory is that Kathleen Kennedy mostly ignores all the small scale stuff which is why it's allowed to breathe without infantile plots and shoehorning basic bitch messaging in.

Also started Andor (mainly cus I loved Rogue One, favourite SW movie) and also really enjoying it so far.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
it feels like I'm watching "Lost" where the decision to write another ep seems to be based on how many people watched the prior ep
Except that not what happened with lost. Youll remember there was a huge writers strike during the time. That impacted approx 2.5 seasons which sort of killed the whole vibe. an SPOILER ALERT - they ended up doing something for the end they said emphatically they would not do because that would be disrespectfull for the fans That they were all dead from the start

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Except that not what happened with lost. Youll remember there was a huge writers strike during the time. That impacted approx 2.5 seasons which sort of killed the whole vibe. an SPOILER ALERT - they ended up doing something for the end they said emphatically they would not do because that would be disrespectfull for the fans That they were all dead from the start
Are you talking about game of thrones now?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Went back to The Ghost In The Shell. It's quite visually stunning. Surprised myself because i didn't rate it the first viewing.
Very stunning but they really missed an opportunity with the casting. Why use a Caucasian cast for what is meant to be an elite cyber commando unit in Japan? Plenty of good options from the cast from Crouching Tiger, Chow Yun Fat as Togusa and Ziyi Zhang as the Major would have been amazing.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Very stunning but they really missed an opportunity with the casting. Why use a Caucasian cast for what is meant to be an elite cyber commando unit in Japan? Plenty of good options from the cast from Crouching Tiger, Chow Yun Fat as Togusa and Ziyi Zhang as the Major would have been amazing.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
The casting was a very disappointing aspect to that film.

Minlak

custom titis
Started trying to watch Tulsa King - i will give it another episode I guess to see if it starts to find its feet - but its pretty bad so far - kind of cliched and on a whole different level of stupid in so many ways - Its just convoluted

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I recently finished watching the first series of Power of the Rings and House of the Dragon.

House of the Dragon was really good, hope they don't mess the end of this one up.

Power of the Rings was ok but really dragged on with too many preachy inspirational monologues.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Started watching "Slow Horses" on Apple TV seems good after the first few episodes, something a little different.
I haven't started watching it yet, but have read all the books. Superb writing.

Mick Herron is a fucking boss.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
House of the Dragon was really good, hope they don't mess the end of this one up.
Having read the book it's based on I reckon it's going to be even more messed up than the original series. Should be epic for the bits you're not screaming no no no noooooo at the TV though.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just finished 'SAS:Rogue Heroes', which was a bit fun while being pretty loose with the truth. I thought the guy playing Jock was very good and same with Paddy Mayne. Stirling was a bit hit-and-miss.
The matching of the LRDG shots to the look of some of their photos was good, pity they basically wrote them out of the show/down-played their signifigance.

Will be on SBS sometime in 2023 but you can watch through the BBC player with a VPN

Alien, the 1979 one.

Never seen it before ( i knew the basic premise - cat goes missing, everyone dies), came on free to air on Sat nite so I just veged out and watched it. It was good but the ads and interruptions from my kids mucked it up a bit.

I might try it again in another 40 years, but choose a more appropriate setting.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Alien, the 1979 one.

Never seen it before ( i knew the basic premise - cat goes missing, everyone dies), came on free to air on Sat nite so I just veged out and watched it. It was good but the ads and interruptions from my kids mucked it up a bit.

I might try it again in another 40 years, but choose a more appropriate setting.
The first two Alien movies are pretty good. It did start to lose the plot after that though.