The last movie you've last watched last

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
For those of you that enjoy a good tale with plenty of violence and great sets of USSR but filmed in Lithuania and Italy.
"Siberian Education"

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watched Tenet again the other day...well tried to. The first hour was OK when it was still being all mysterios... but not long after i'm just "na, this is just stupid". It's not that I couldnt understand what was happening as I'd seen before, and I could follow the plot then...the plot is not difficult, it's just that its...totally daft.
One of the few movies i've ever watched where I couldnt be bothered watching to the end the second time (and probably shouldn't have the 1st)...along with Blad Runner 2040 whatever year it was.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
watched tenet, read the articles trying to explain it and still left feeling like it was a series of plot points that was never developed into a proper screen play. took 2 sittings to finish it and dont feel any better for that second effort

Minlak

custom titis
Watched Tenet again the other day...well tried to. The first hour was OK when it was still being all mysterios... but not long after i'm just "na, this is just stupid". It's not that I couldnt understand what was happening as I'd seen before, and I could follow the plot then...the plot is not difficult, it's just that its...totally daft.
One of the few movies i've ever watched where I couldnt be bothered watching to the end the second time (and probably shouldn't have the 1st)...along with Blad Runner 2040 whatever year it was.
watched tenet, read the articles trying to explain it and still left feeling like it was a series of plot points that was never developed into a proper screen play. took 2 sittings to finish it and dont feel any better for that second effort
Tenet showed up on my Netflix feed the other day - I remembered wanting to see it at the movies - I remembered everyone that had seen it all said the same thing - Slowly backed away not making eye contact and continued scrolling.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I mean I loved Inception and Interstella, where they built up a cool thing and there was woa! moments in a Matrix sort of way (weather once you have watched a coupel of times they actually make any sort of real sense at all, they were still fun and cool at the time), but Tenet...Liek I said, its not actually hard to follow what is ...overall happening, but I think Nolan got so twisted up into making it EPIC that they lost the plot (litterally) and at no point did the people making it have any clue what was going on themselves.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yeah, I mean I loved Inception and Interstella, where they built up a cool thing and there was woa! moments in a Matrix sort of way (weather once you have watched a coupel of times they actually make any sort of real sense at all, they were still fun and cool at the time), but Tenet...Liek I said, its not actually hard to follow what is ...overall happening, but I think Nolan got so twisted up into making it EPIC that they lost the plot (litterally) and at no point did the people making it have any clue what was going on themselves.
His brother seems to have the same problems with Westworld.

Minlak

custom titis
Bosch series 7 and it’s the final series - power watched all episodes - was good like all the other series - you don’t really have to have seen the others it could work as a stand alone but you miss some of the nuances with out them. Series 7 is on SBS on demand - your pirate site of choice will have the other series.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
IMO.

First series - excellent.
Second series - woeful, pointless "explainer" series for stupid Americans.
Third series - seconds series in a new setting.
That's a pity. I'd heard really good things about it.

Probably not quite the right thread but I've been hoovering up The Walking Dead through various lockdowns and it's bloody good. Up to Season 7 now and it hasn't lost its way yet (which is pretty impressive in itself, more so when every season is packing 16 episodes).

Certainly a commitment but it has the capacity to gut punch you in the feels and the character development is excellent. Also capable of being disturbing on a cellular level, so if you like watching messed up stuff you'll be into it.

Minlak

custom titis
That's a pity. I'd heard really good things about it.

Probably not quite the right thread but I've been hoovering up The Walking Dead through various lockdowns and it's bloody good. Up to Season 7 now and it hasn't lost its way yet (which is pretty impressive in itself, more so when every season is packing 16 episodes).

Certainly a commitment but it has the capacity to gut punch you in the feels and the character development is excellent. Also capable of being disturbing on a cellular level, so if you like watching messed up stuff you'll be into it.
I managed 5 series and moved on - that could be as they were strung out waiting for the new ones each time - didn’t hate it just lost interest.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I managed 5 series and moved on - that could be as they were strung out waiting for the new ones each time - didn’t hate it just lost interest.
Fair, it's worth giving another go if (at least until Season 7) if you can be bothered though. They shake things up a bit in Season 6 which adds a pretty cool dynamic that's new to the series.

Minlak

custom titis
Fair, it's worth giving another go if (at least until Season 7) if you can be bothered though. They shake things up a bit in Season 6 which adds a pretty cool dynamic that's new to the series.
I don’t think I even disliked it - I think it was literally the wait between seasons and I just stopped. I will get to it again after I finish my nostalgia run.
Have a few oldies I’m re watching
The Frighteners
Thirteen Ghosts
Ghost Ship
Last Man Standing

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
IMO.

First series - boobs.
Second series - not enough boobs because of puritanical Americans.
Third series - does it have enough boobs?
Serious question on 3rd, haven't seen it yet, and the missus is the one who actually complained about the lack of boob and wang.

it's a nice bridge...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Serious question on 3rd, haven't seen it yet, and the missus is the one who actually complained about the lack of boob and wang.

it's a nice bridge...
I think the opening episode or two deliver on this front, but then falls away quickly.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
the tomorrow war on amazon. not a classic but a very enjoyable action movie
This is what Alien Vs Terminator should have been....prolly the best genre movie in a long time, and while not as good as good as Edge of Tomorrow, at least it didn't have Tom Cruise as the comic relief, and was much easier to follow after only one view.

it's a nice bridge...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
the tomorrow war on amazon. not a classic but a very enjoyable action movie
Was enjoyable but there are just so many plot holes. Like:

1. Why not use nukes?
  2. Why poison as opposed to virus or bacteria?
  3. Why did it take scientists in the past to look at the claw for clues of the origin?
  4. Why not just blow the ship up?
  5. Why aren't the antagonists frozen solid?
  6. Seriously why wouldn't you just use the 1000s of nukes humans have in storage?
  7. If we can time travel, can't we just transport matter (ie a nuke) from a to where the whole thing begins?

Dr Strangelove had it right back in the 60s.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Was enjoyable but there are just so many plot holes. Like:

1. Why not use nukes? Okay, boomer.
  2. Why poison as opposed to virus or bacteria? Speed, resistance, mutation, species jumping? If that was a viable solution, mixo would mean no more wascally wabbits in Australia.
  3. Why did it take scientists in the past to look at the claw for clues of the origin? They weren't being eaten, like the future scientists and the Volcano kid was probably dead in the future.
  4. Why not just blow the ship up? They did, didn't they?
  5. Why aren't the antagonists frozen solid?
  6. Seriously why wouldn't you just use the 1000s of nukes humans have in storage? Um, what's the point of surviving, if you don't have a habitable planet to live on, boomer?
  7. If we can time travel, can't we just transport matter (ie a nuke) from a to where the whole thing begins? That particular McGuffin was explained in the training sequence, act 2.

Dr Strangelove had it right back in the 60s.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

it's a nice bridge...