The last movie you've last watched last

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Ford V Ferrari. Christian Bale's accent was bizarre. It seems shifting is synonymous with going fast in films, it's always amusing to see downshifts on straights. Other than that a good story on idiots wanting you to do something but then refusing to let you do it.
This! Amazingly, they all seem to own 20 speed manual gearboxes.

Minlak

custom titis
Army of the Dead. Made it 15 minutes in, some of the more woeful acting I've witnessed recently. Gave up and went back to The Walking Dead.

Anyone else give it a crack?
Watched it - Didn't hate it - Won't watch it again - Ending is a bit of a twist kinda (don't want to say much to spoil anything)

I went in with pretty low expectations and have a fetish for "B" grade style movies - If you have watched anything with Dave Bautista as the main star you shouldn't have high expectations anyway - he just tends to attract meat head scripts.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If you have watched anything with Dave Bautista as the main star you shouldn't have high expectations anyway - he just tends to attract meat head scripts.
Very true. His high water mark was smashing things in that Bond movie.

Saw an airplane movie with him as an uber driver or passenger or something. Dumb af but kinda enjoyable.

Minlak

custom titis

Saw an airplane movie with him as an uber driver or passenger or something. Dumb af but kinda enjoyable.
I don't avoid him as an actor I thing he is doing a pretty OK job but always watch the movies he is in with the attitude that they will be "OK"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I watched that movie on a flight too...it was shit.

I liked his brief work in the blade runner sequel.

I suspect when you have made your mark as a "wrestler" and are built like him, you probably have to expect a certain degree of being type cast.

Minlak

custom titis
I watched that movie on a flight too...it was shit.

I liked his brief work in the blade runner sequel.

I suspect when you have made your mark as a "wrestler" and are built like him, you probably have to expect a certain degree of being type cast.
Script options will have a huge impact on his body of work - He was ok in Guardians but he played a meat head (trained his whole life for that one)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Script options will have a huge impact on his body of work - He was ok in Guardians but he played a meat head (trained his whole life for that one)
Exactly...I can't imagine there are many producers doing a gritty courtroom drama debating whether to have Batista or Arnie (I don't know any other big muscle men) for the lead attorney role. Just like they aren't knocking down my door with offers to play the heavily muscled action hero, despite my every day life truely being like a combination of predator and true lies.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Not a movie but a fucking good TV series - and there are so many episodes to keep us going!

We're only just past halfway on season 1 of 5, and reviews say this gets better in season 2.

Highly recommended.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
The Big Chill
I haven't met that many happy people in my life, how do they act?
A song in the Seasons soundtrack samples this line from the film so it has been on my radar for a while. I enjoyed it, I think as I'm getting older I'm more amenable to films with more character than plot.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Big Chill

A song in the Seasons soundtrack samples this line from the film so it has been on my radar for a while. I enjoyed it, I think as I'm getting older I'm more amenable to films with more character than plot.
And you're pretty old dude.