The icon of SEQ downhilling closed

Deadman

Likes Dirt
SEQ DH Fans have to unite and take action

Hi DH Fans,

You will see that a thread has been put up in Downhill headed - Re-instate Mt Tamborine DH track.

I know it sounds all official, but it's been put together by some very passionate mountain bikers and someone very experienced with the correct way to deal with issues of this nature. We need to give this a good shot. If government departments can close things down like they did the Dump Run without any resistance then they'll do it with other tracks when they see the need through their eyes.

There has been passion shown in this 'Dump Run Closed' thread by riders that are unhappy. Use this passion to make a difference.

Good Luck all!

DM

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
hahha i loved it, especially option B!!!!

I reckon the locals should also put a complain for the ferrari boys and other super fast cars, and motorbikes, that go there on sunday for a cruise!!! i cant see them closing the roads!!!
problem is we are still not seen as a sport!!! than when they see sam hill on the news they get all happy about the aussie who won the wc, where does he train!!!!

my 2 cents are, i dont think im doing nothing wrong, by doing the sport that i love, now if the old farts wants to winge about it!, let them winge, but i tell you what, should i complain about the sunday session with the bongos in burleigh because most of them are from tamborine, if we not welcome there, should they not be welcome here!!!
lol
Not trying to pick on you but as frustrating as it is they live in that area we don't, you'd get pissed if people came in and started doing stuff you don't like along your street every sunday. Instead of saying they are the problem we have to respect that they are the owners of the land around that road and come to an agreement, we have to see what is upseting them and try and make both parties happy. It's the only way it will work we are the guests.

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Re-instate Dump Track campaign - all players have to be winners

Not trying to pick on you but as frustrating as it is they live in that area we don't, you'd get pissed if people came in and started doing stuff you don't like along your street every sunday. Instead of saying they are the problem we have to respect that they are the owners of the land around that road and come to an agreement, we have to see what is upseting them and try and make both parties happy. It's the only way it will work we are the guests.
You are right wertmewert, the Mountain BUG Dump Track campaign will have the attitude that all players have to feel like winners. It starts with support and unity.

DM

Kingswood

Likes Dirt
How many people are seriously interested in trying to have this descision changed?
Are you just curious about numbers?

or does your position allow you any say in the matter?

or do you have suggestions for people to follow?

FYI people, this area falls under scenic rim regional council.

kenny b

Likes Bikes
Interesting point

I would also love to have no traffic, pedestrians, bikes and skateboards travelling past my house and i could play handball on the street unfortunately we only own the block we live on not the street or suburb. That being said we all need to bend over and take one for the team.:)

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Are you just curious about numbers?

or does your position allow you any say in the matter?

or do you have suggestions for people to follow?

FYI people, this area falls under scenic rim regional council.
My interest in this is personal not proffesional, I ceased working in Trail Care in August 2009.
I am helping Deadman with advice and getting things off the ground for the BUG.

owen saul

Likes Bikes
see the thing that get me is the road to the dump is used a lot by local (such as me) with big loud trailers dropping stuff off at the tip. you really only get the riders on the weekend mainly sunday and even then the amount of traffic created by the bikers is hardly any compared to the locals using the tip..... because of this i don't understand what the people that live along that road are on about. if the dump run is not reopened it will only be a matter of time before people (such as me) build a new entry and exit to the run that is hidden from prying eyes.... in fact i already know some good spots i might scout out over the holidays, if not build a new track.
there are a lot of great locations on tambo that are just begging to have a trail built on them and considering the dump as open for 8 or so yrs (when i started riding it), it almost pays to build another track like it....

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Owen, I started riding Dump run in 1996/7 and there were people way before me. I think you are right with the amount of traffic and the locals you pass are usually always nice and wave. I would say some of it might be green groups that don't even live directly in the path of traffic.

I would say the length of time it has been getting used for, would also be a way for the BUG to show it can sustain use.

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
Owen, I started riding Dump run in 1996/7 and there were people way before me. I think you are right with the amount of traffic and the locals you pass are usually always nice and wave. I would say some of it might be green groups that don't even live directly in the path of traffic.

I would say the length of time it has been getting used for, would also be a way for the BUG to show it can sustain use.
Yea the people who live/walk up the top of the mountain near the tip are always pretty friendly, we always say g'day to them.

But meh none-the-less, as has been said a couple of times, the track was never legal or official anyway so how does one close something that was never open?