The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I had the goal of 100 km / month this year. Thanks basically to October I racked up more than I thought i would.

Next year I'm aiming for 200 km / month. We'll call it 2500km just to round it up.

In the new year in going to try and get some commuting done as well which will be around a 35ish km round trip.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
3hrs remaining @rockmoose! How’re we tracking?

(“We”, lol… :p)
Happy with my expenditure.

How am I supposed to weight dope when I'm dinking a Doctor up the Alpe?

Life will be busy, hectic and scattered in 2022. I think I'll aim for 8000km and 120000m. Will still be mostly zwift, probably some crappy dirt road km on the HT, but hopefully get out on the trails occasionally.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Happy with my expenditure.

How am I supposed to weight dope when I'm dinking a Doctor up the Alpe?

Life will be busy, hectic and scattered in 2022. I think I'll aim for 8000km and 120000m. Will still be mostly zwift, probably some crappy dirt road km on the HT, but hopefully get out on the trails occasionally.
Haha, great stuff mate. Huge numbers regardless. :)

Jpez

Down on the left!
Well here’s mine. Was hoping for more elevation but not bad with Covid lockdowns.
I went for one last ride to the city yesterday to get the total over 4K before the hot weather set in and got 15km away from home and the lock ring on the ZTTO cassette backed out and jammed the back wheel. Couldn’t fix it roadside but found if I pedaled in the 46 it would spin so I limped back home like that. Roadies we’re getting a kick out of the MTBr spinning like crazy and shuffling along. But got home, fixed it and went back out to get those last 12km to get me over 4000.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I had this happen once on one. Was able to wind it back on enough to get me home. Hasn’t happened again thankfully.
Yeah right. I tried using my multi tool and a stick to wind/hammer it back in but it wouldn’t go. Found in the 46 or around there it would pressure the cassette inboard enough to allow it to spin. Ground off half the lock ring on the way home though. Cleaned it up. Managed to tap the tool in and Ugga duggard it back into place. Hopefully it stays there.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah right. I tried using my multi tool and a stick to wind/hammer it back in but it wouldn’t go. Found in the 46 or around there it would pressure the cassette inboard enough to allow it to spin. Ground off half the lock ring on the way home though. Cleaned it up. Managed to tap the tool in and Ugga duggard it back into place. Hopefully it stays there.
I do recall one dude having it repeatedly happening come to think of it. I think he ran a loop of Teflon tape around the threads.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Well here’s mine. Was hoping for more elevation but not bad with Covid lockdowns.
I went for one last ride to the city yesterday to get the total over 4K before the hot weather set in and got 15km away from home and the lock ring on the ZTTO cassette backed out and jammed the back wheel. Couldn’t fix it roadside but found if I pedaled in the 46 it would spin so I limped back home like that. Roadies we’re getting a kick out of the MTBr spinning like crazy and shuffling along. But got home, fixed it and went back out to get those last 12km to get me over 4000.View attachment 384380
Good stuff, but I’m confused- weren’t you riding appropriately 8 days a week during lockdown(s)? How’s it ‘only’ 134 days active?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Good stuff, but I’m confused- weren’t you riding appropriately 8 days a week during lockdown(s)? How’s it ‘only’ 134 days active?
Dunno, there were periods when I had to work and was flat out so just couldn’t ride and was a bit slack at the start of the year. Certainly seems like there were more days.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I haven't played this game before. I'm going to aim for 1000km in 2022. I think this is an achievable distance for me as I'll most likely have the youngest Canary along for most rides.
I'll have to log it old school with pen and paper as my GPS is an ancient V1 Bryton rider 50.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Screenshot_20220101-011854.png

Bit of a up and down year really, lockdowns then had a pretty busy October/November, then an ankle injury has kept me off the bike for most of Dec.
Anyway.. for 2022 I'm aiming for 365 Active hours. KMs and vertical meters vary a lot depending on if I'm on the MTB or roadie/grovel. Melbourne is flat as but then can go out and do 1500 of vert in a 25k MTB ride, so will see how the hours thing goes.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
So I might get back on this with a modest goal of 500km (which will include commuting, if I'm lucky enough to do so). But my Garmin hasn't had a charge in it for a couple of years and I'm not going to pay for Strava anymore (given I have little hope of ever beating most of my PRs these days!).

I know it will have been discussed before, but to save me from trawling through multiple pages, can anyone suggest trusted platforms that I could put on my phone just to track general distance? One word responses are fine, I'll "do my own research".

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So I might get back on this with a modest goal of 500km (which will include commuting, if I'm lucky enough to do so). But my Garmin hasn't had a charge in it for a couple of years and I'm not going to pay for Strava anymore (given I have little hope of ever beating most of my PRs these days!).

I know it will have been discussed before, but to save me from trawling through multiple pages, can anyone suggest trusted platforms that I could put on my phone just to track general distance? One word responses are fine, I'll "do my own research".
Strava has a free version for phones...

Minlak

custom titis

Strava - Free Version
Run Keeper - Free
Map my ride = Free
Garmin Connect - If you use the Garmin device - Free

moorey

call me Mia
I haven't played this game before. I'm going to aim for 1000km in 2022. I think this is an achievable distance for me as I'll most likely have the youngest Canary along for most rides.
I'll have to log it old school with pen and paper as my GPS is an ancient V1 Bryton rider 50.
You got a smartphone?