The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Yeah, I just want to ride when the weather gets better and my adapter turns up. Actually that might be this week!

nathanm

Eats Squid
hmmm, i’ll get us started

posting better for sale/wanted Ads ;)
Better how, as in more descriptive?
get back to posting pics of the hot gf :p
My god isn't she. talking about punching above your weight, I have absolutely no right to be with a woman like that. Unfortunately she's not a winter person so her bike wont be seeing a run for a while so you'll have to wait until summer but I'll encourage her to ride in a singlet and hot pants when the warmer weather arrives.
staying in moorey’s good books :rolleyes:
No thanks. That's not the kind of person I would ever want to be.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I didn't set a goal last year, but for my first full year on the bike I was happy with this. Would have been nice to hit 2.5k.

Will be climbing more in 2021, so long as the borders stay open, and other responsibilities will severely deplete any me time, but I'm going to put it out there and aim for 3k with 50k of elevation.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
Oh, it was 3000k's with 50k elevation. I thought I had aimed for 4000

Anyway, it looks like I'll pass my goal next week.

Shame I haven't been outside, or on my bike all year

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Do indoor trainers do elevation now?
Fuck yeah, and it hurts.

There is a good gcn video where one of the presenters who had never ridden Alp du Huez, nor Alpe de Zwift, had a crack at both of them.

His time, HR and power figures were near identical.

He reckoned Alpe de Zwift was harder, because his air conditioning wasn't working properly, so it was 24°

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I was aiming for 4000km in 2020. Some COVID road riding and starting to commute to work sorted that out nicely.

Hoping for another 5000km year next year.

View attachment 371022

Already hit my target of 5000km, which is lucky as the new baby arrives next week so the bike might get neglected for a while.

Until I figure out if zip ties or gaffer tape is better for attaching a baby to a bicycle...