The gaming thread

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Thanks I'll check out Lex.
Andrew Huberman: Sleep, Dreams, Creativity, Fasting, and Neuroplasticity | Lex Fridman Podcast #164

sounds boring. not so. Huberman is a Professor of Neurobiology at Stanford Medicine and his delivery on the subjects is really clear and well put together.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I did. That's 3 hours of my life that's never coming back.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
It might have been Rogan hogging the mike a bit too often, and maybe also getting all evangelical about DMT and float tanks etc.
That being said, 3 HOURS is a long time to listen to a podcast, IMO.

Minlak

custom titis
So - thinking about buying season pass for season 2 of Call of Duty or buying Hogwarts - I mainly solo Call of Duty anyway and lately DMZ in particular has gotten a lot of streamer attention so the games are full of Thirsty people camping exfils etc so not really enjoying it anyway - Might be different if I had a play group.
Hogwarts is single player but kind of involved - not sure I wouldnt get annoyed with all the side stuff - Maybe just go back to WOW

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So - thinking about buying season pass for season 2 of Call of Duty or buying Hogwarts - I mainly solo Call of Duty anyway and lately DMZ in particular has gotten a lot of streamer attention so the games are full of Thirsty people camping exfils etc so not really enjoying it anyway - Might be different if I had a play group.
Hogwarts is single player but kind of involved - not sure I wouldnt get annoyed with all the side stuff - Maybe just go back to WOW
Have you got Gamepass? If not give that a go, lots and lots of goodies on there including BF2042 and Valorent.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It might have been Rogan hogging the mike a bit too often, and maybe also getting all evangelical about DMT and float tanks etc.
That being said, 3 HOURS is a long time to listen to a podcast, IMO.
float tanks are freaking awesome. as is DMT.

3hrs is not a long time if you're enjoying something. Out of a catalogue of~2k podcasts ive listened to maybe 50 all the way through? ive started way more and not gotten past the first 20 minutes. Sadly not every guest is interesting even if they have an interesting background. he curns them out almost daily, so i check out whats on and if its cool, i give it a spin. Generally know pretty quick if its worth listening to.

Minlak

custom titis
Have you got Gamepass? If not give that a go, lots and lots of goodies on there including BF2042 and Valorent.

I play on PC and don't really game enough all the time for any subscription services - I kind of like what I like and focus on it until I don't play anymore then may not pick up a game for 6 mths

ForkinGreat

Im pro diversity in on screen stuff, but if we're ever to normalise diversity we need to stop pointing at diverse casts and saying "look! Look! look at the diversity we did!" . just do the diversity and shut up.
Borderlands 3 etc got a bit like that. A big ol' text announcement at the start, that the game was made by a group of coders , diverse in their sexuality, orientation etc etc.... (- and there were several NPC same sex relationship interactions during the game as a part of quests. **They didn't laboriously announce that part)
Couldn't care either way. As long as the Shootin' and Lootin' and the story/quest arc(s) works well, have at it. No need to announce being all "right-on", just make a good game, FFS.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Buy Hogwarts and kick all those mud bloods out and make them work for a living. Bring the nightbus to Bundy though, that would be cool.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Anyone traded in their ps4 for a ps5 with EB? how much do u get?

Also, can someone confirm whether it is possible to play ps4 games on the ps5 (disk, not digital games)? I have a fair bit which I haven't finished. If I can't play them on ps5, I'm going to hold off trading ps4 until ps5 prices go down even more. It's still very expensive, but if the trade in value is more these days than later down the line, it may worth my while to do it now.

ForkinGreat

Anyone traded in their ps4 for a ps5 with EB? how much do u get?

Also, can someone confirm whether it is possible to play ps4 games on the ps5 (disk, not digital games)? I have a fair bit which I haven't finished. If I can't play them on ps5, I'm going to hold off trading ps4 until ps5 prices go down even more. It's still very expensive, but if the trade in value is more these days than later down the line, it may worth my while to do it now.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Cheers mate. Looks like I'm in the clear. All my games are backwards compatible.

Borderlands 3 etc got a bit like that. A big ol' text announcement at the start, that the game was made by a group of coders , diverse in their sexuality, orientation etc etc.... (- and there were several NPC same sex relationship interactions during the game as a part of quests. **They didn't laboriously announce that part)
And all along I thought me and the boy were looking for Mrs Claptrap parts.

I even started referring to the game as "Claptrap wants a Wife"

ForkinGreat

And all along I thought me and the boy were looking for Mrs Claptrap parts.

I even started referring to the game as "Claptrap wants a Wife"
Yes, there was that. also, the big game hunter dude had a boyfriend, I think.

on a tangent, by the time claptrap appeared in the Tiny Tina's wonderlands game, claptrap seemed a bit clapped out, IMO.
IMO, Borderlands 2 was peak claptrap. Claptrap could have had his own 'confession from the fuckwits' thread.

Last edited:

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Appreciate this may not be the forum for it but is anyone here looking to offload a NVIDIA GPU?
Looking for a GTX 1660 super