The gaming thread

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Just started playing elden ring. Initial impression, after 2 hours, hated it, no tutorials on what button to press to do what, died 10x ambushed by high level monsters, don't know where the hell to go or what to do.

But... then I dig through some tutorials online, read up on what the hell is going on, restarted the play and picked different character, 5 hours later, loving it.

Never played dark souls or any games produced by from software before. Sure, apparently, they purposely leave out all those info on purpose, but heck they can do with an option that guides first timer a bit better alright!
"High level monsters" lol. At the start? No. Those are trash mobs... you ain't seen nothing yet.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
"High level monsters" lol. At the start? No. Those are trash mobs... you ain't seen nothing yet.
Well, high level in comparison to the level I started on.. Being inexperienced didn't help either. A bit wiser now as to how the mechanics work, but all I was trying to say was, maybe from software can be a bit less cruel to newcomers by providing options which guide them better on how things work, what to expect, and so on. It didn't really help when there was a cave a of knowlege which requires you to plunge into a deep cave just to fire off the tutorial!

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I played the campaign of MWII (2022) which was a bit of a mess. There's some missions trying to be Minecraft with added crafting and Hitman with distractions and creeping around. There's also Fast and Furious inspired jumping between trucks in one. The game menu sucks big time too, there's too much navigation required before playing. I'm not really one for multiplaying with strangers and setting up bot matches was too fiddly so I haven't touched it since.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I have been playing DMZ (Call Of Duty 2)
I have been having very few crashes now - And some truly weird interactions recently in DMZ ( I only play this and mostly Solo)
I crashed the heli instead of landing it and died - As I was bleeding out I saw a team at the hospital so crawled to them and yelled out come loot me (I had some good stuff) as no point wasting it - So they invited me to join then insisted on helping me get the weapons case (my first ever as I am mostly solo) to finish my quest.
If you spawn above the garage the team on the left near the bridge always run over to kill you towards the Oasis - So when I spawn there now I always loop around and climb the mountains behind to scare them. -
Guy 1 - he runs straight past me in his rush to snipe people at the Oasis - He goes prone to start sniping so I break his plates then parachute away so he never saw me - could here his comms he was freaked out as had no idea
Guy 2 - next game in same spawn I looped over and heard them on the motorbike coming up to the cliffs - i hid behind a rock - Jumped out at him and said don't shoot I could have killed you - He literally squealed in fright - Then was like Oh man you scared the shit outta me - he then goes quick run my team mates are coming they will just kill you - So I parachute off past his team and he is yelling at them "Let him go Let him go" lol

Edit - Forgot the team hunts - LAst game I got hunted as soon as game started I survived - 2 mins later Hunted again and survived - 2 mins later hunted again - I just ran to them and sadi FFS kill me I have had enough of being hunted - we chatted they laughed I laughed then they killed me
:)
I feel dirty saying this but I prefer the multiplayer in BF2042.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Well, high level in comparison to the level I started on.. Being inexperienced didn't help either. A bit wiser now as to how the mechanics work, but all I was trying to say was, maybe from software can be a bit less cruel to newcomers by providing options which guide them better on how things work, what to expect, and so on. It didn't really help when there was a cave a of knowlege which requires you to plunge into a deep cave just to fire off the tutorial!
These games are for a very specific type of player. I personally can't stand them. It's amazing this game made a billion dollars given the difficulty.

I like the idea of souls like games, but sitting down to relax by smashing your face against a wall for several hours isn't my cup of tea.

These games have great art though

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
These games are for a very specific type of player. I personally can't stand them. It's amazing this game made a billion dollars given the difficulty.

I like the idea of souls like games, but sitting down to relax by smashing your face against a wall for several hours isn't my cup of tea.

The art in the games is great, but I am generally too busy rage quitting to appreciate it.
I dig the idea of the Souls-like games, but they consistently kick my arse, and leave me feeling a bit more stressed than when I sat down to play.
I've put them on the back burner for now. I have not Got Gud at them. Seems too much of an investment in time to learn how to play them properly, And I do respect those who can play them skillfully and enjoy them, might just not be my cup of tea. They seem more like a Fentanyl bucket bong.

gippyz

Likes Dirt

I bought the game just for the graphics really. It didn't disappoint, the graphics that is.

Oddjob

Can someone please explain to me why J.K. Rowling is evil incarnate? I get she's not too hot on trans people but has she said anything particularly hateful/anti-social/offensive? Or is this just the internet going wild over a molehill?

The reason why I'm posting in this thread is that a new Harry Potter game is out, and there is lot mor coverage of her than the game.

moorey

call me Mia
Can someone please explain to me why J.K. Rowling is evil incarnate? I get she's not too hot on trans people but has she said anything particularly hateful/anti-social/offensive? Or is this just the internet going wild over a molehill?

The reason why I'm posting in this thread is that a new Harry Potter game is out, and there is lot mor coverage of her than the game.

She’s said some pretty vile things. That shit won’t play these days.

But it’s likely to drive the right to her, who formerly hated her.

Oddjob

She’s said some pretty vile things. That shit won’t play these days.

But it’s likely to drive the right to her, who formerly hated her.
But what exactly?

I've said some pretty snarky things about the Catholic church and Tony Abbott too but they were probably well deserved.

Minlak

custom titis
But what exactly?

I've said some pretty snarky things about the Catholic church and Tony Abbott too but they were probably well deserved.

Read this - Also the game references the books etc but bears little reference to the movies or the books apart from being based in Hogwarts

Oddjob

Read this - Also the game references the books etc but bears little reference to the movies or the books apart from being based in Hogwarts

Thanks. Sounds overblown compared to the likes of Trump, Putin and some of the other rightwing crackpots who would genuinely love a pogrom on anyone who isn't straight, white and Christian.

Here's hoping that Elon hurries up and shuts down Twitter.

Minlak

custom titis
Sorry. Was just wondering why people won't fucking stop talking about her, and give me a straight (sic) review of the game.

My review of the game - I was going to buy it until I started watching Twitch streams - it’s another game that makes content by making you go back all the time to collect things you need - ie harvest your plants look after your animals - then the complexity of the spells and the potions and the gear - it went from something kinda fun looking to pretty in depth really quick - if you like that sort of stuff you will love it - but feels a lot like your Wow dailies to me

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
But what exactly?

This is her own version of events. Probably worth taking with a grain of salt, but still an interesting read.

TL/DR: the trans debate is arguably the most fucked of all current cultural issues, and the extremes of both sides are utterly fubar (whether it's reactions to this game by one side, or pogroms driven by absolute cunts like Alex Antic on the other).

But video game culture is hardly saintly either. Whether it's bullshit like gamergate, calling people transphobic bigots for playing a Harry Potter game, or the howling demented fury of a bunch of flogs because The Last Of Us TV adaption dared to show a gay relationship. Pointless.