The gaming thread

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I just started the new Age of Empires. I’m only on the tutorial section so far but it seems quite fluid and simple so far and I quite like the balance of city-building and tactical combat.

Also, my villagers just stabbed some cunts on horseback to death with spears and then firebombed their stables which made me a little bit feel homesick.
Sounds more like a simulation for you huh?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I swear there was a game that had Windowlicker.

Ps is he the ugliest man alive?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, Battlefield 2042; anyone playing it? I’ve been a fan of Battlefield from the Bad Company days but damn girl! This one lacks so much feeling. I’m not any good at these games but massive maps with lame gear to start off with feels shit. I’ll gladly sell my PS5 disc version for $50 if anyone wants it……

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw that assetto corsa with all the DLC is a bargain in the steam sale, cheaper to buy the bundle to get all the DLC even though i have the game and a couple of the packs already. yet steam wont let me buy the bundle as i already own some of it, despite an earlier screen warning i wont get an extra copy of the game i already own. not sure if this is intentional or a bug in the checkout process but its annoying.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I upgraded to the Ultimate Edition by entering a code I had bought on another store's sale. Can't see why you shouldn't be able to do that through Steam.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Finally got a PS5, have to go trade the PS4 Pro this weekend.
Wife and I recently re-thrashed Diablo III- Ultimate Edition, and are now on Titanfall which appears similar.
Has anyone played through?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I saw that assetto corsa with all the DLC is a bargain in the steam sale, cheaper to buy the bundle to get all the DLC even though i have the game and a couple of the packs already. yet steam wont let me buy the bundle as i already own some of it, despite an earlier screen warning i wont get an extra copy of the game i already own. not sure if this is intentional or a bug in the checkout process but its annoying.
Try https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=assetto . Green man gaming, Wingamestore, Gamersgate, Humble have all given me legit Steam keys.

now on Titanfall which appears similar.
I've played the single player for Titanfall 2, its a pretty short 6 hour campaign, really fun though.

Played a couple hours of it now (grabbed it on sale for PC) - it hasn't quite grabbed me yet, but its building... Definitely an Arkane game
Finished Deathloop - it started slow and then got good and built up to something really great. So satisfying have a full deck of powers and trying multiple approaches to finish scenarios. And learn the story more and more as you loop through new days etc.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Finally got a PS5, have to go trade the PS4 Pro this weekend.
Wife and I recently re-thrashed Diablo III- Ultimate Edition, and are now on Titanfall which appears similar.
If you like Diablo, check out The Ascent. I'm currently playing through it single player, and also have another character for co-op with mates. Great twin stick action fun in a cyberpunk world.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Just finished building a modest PC rig.

Far Cry is one of my fave series, turns out you have to use the stupid ubisoft platform. No thanks. Then I see up top battlefield is a bit of a dud. Of well better start investigating driving sims and VR. Anyone know if a 1660 is sufficient for most VR gaming?

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
So, Battlefield 2042; anyone playing it? I’ve been a fan of Battlefield from the Bad Company days but damn girl! This one lacks so much feeling. I’m not any good at these games but massive maps with lame gear to start off with feels shit. I’ll gladly sell my PS5 disc version for $50 if anyone wants it……
I bought it and have found it very underwhelming. The Portal aspect is the most interesting part if they keep releasing maps and content for it.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It is old and unsexy but runs on lowly hardware. Still has great atmosphere.
I enjoyed it first time around and now leave it on the laptop for dull rainy days in the office. Price is sharp too.

Go here https://gogunlocked.com/aliens-versus-predator-classic-2000-free-download/
Then add the reskin with added maps.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-v...ux/downloads/avp-classic-redux-20-part-1-of-2
and this
https://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-v...ux/downloads/avp-classic-redux-20-part-2-of-2
It's a bug hunt.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Used to play a bit of AvP in the LAN days, nice to see people keeping projects alive.

Retro PC gaming will be the thing for a while now, pretty hard to get a decent GPU for a reasonable price, and that doesn't seem to be changing in 2022.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Retro PC gaming will be the thing for a while now, pretty hard to get a decent GPU for a reasonable price, and that doesn't seem to be changing in 2022.
It is handy if your laptop is chained to an integrated GPU like Intel UHD. That definitely pushes you to roll the clock back since there isn't much choice :oops: Saying that, Stalker Anomaly runs fairly well too.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finished Deathloop - it started slow and then got good and built up to something really great. So satisfying have a full deck of powers and trying multiple approaches to finish scenarios. And learn the story more and more as you loop through new days etc.
How long did it take to complete? Thinking about picking it up but getting very sick of games that are too quick (looking at you Sniper: Contracts 2...)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It is old and unsexy but runs on lowly hardware. Still has great atmosphere.
God damn that had some shit scary moments. Still remember being stalked by facehuggers through darkened rooms to be a traumatising experience. How good was the Smart Gun for those "lol, no" moments where aliens try to flank you? Just vaguely aim at them and hold trigger down until they exploded. So so great.