The gaming thread

gippyz

Likes Dirt

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
EB games have some xmas deal: https://www.ebgames.com.au/

AC valhalla discounted to $77 if anyone is keen - I'm waiting until it goes even cheaper. I have others to keep me entertained in the mean time.
It's $69 at JB allegedly, which may just tempt me enough to grab it for the xmas stand down period

gippyz

Likes Dirt
It's $69 at JB allegedly, which may just tempt me enough to grab it for the xmas stand down period
Ah yes, the standard version. I think that one in EB has some additional add-ons to the game. Not worth the extra $8 imo as it's not extra quest or things like that.

Still too much for me. I'll wait till early next year when it goes below $50.

Don’t care for reviews. The nostalgia from playing the paper RPG in highschool and CDPR quality is good enough for me. Still have a base model Xbox One and am frothing to play tomorrow.
I don't buy into the reviews anymore and would prefer to benefit from the experience of actual consumers rather than corporate shills.

And from what I hear its buggy AF, thus I will wait.

Besides I'm still playing the Witcher and I cant tear myself away from his steely cat eyes.

Oh, Henry..........

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
I am on Xbox One. It doesn’t look as nice as The Witcher 3. Having fun with it but only completed 2 missions so far. No bugs found or crashes this far.
One S or One X? I have the One S.... I was going to pick a copy of Cyberpunk up next week but really not sure if it's worth it if the graphics are really that bad.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One S or One X? I have the One S.... I was going to pick a copy of Cyberpunk up next week but really not sure if it's worth it if the graphics are really that bad.
Lol. OG Xbox One, not even an S or X. I’d hold off until they fix it up. I’ve had a few 15-20 second freezes that have sorted themselves, but no crashes or major issues. Graphics are pretty ordinary but I’m persisting with it for now. I’ll probably pull up stumps in a week and wait until they either fix it or I get a Series X.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Lol. OG Xbox One, not even an S or X. I’d hold off until they fix it up. I’ve had a few 15-20 second freezes that have sorted themselves, but no crashes or major issues. Graphics are pretty ordinary but I’m persisting with it for now. I’ll probably pull up stumps in a week and wait until they either fix it or I get a Series X.
bugger, I dont really want to wait. I'll end up watching all the play throughs on youtube and the game will be spoiled for me, I've already watched several. looks good.

Is there anything that could tide me over in the meantime? I haven't really played any assassins creed games. what's a good one to start with that's still available for PS4? or should I just go straight to AC Valhalla?

Last edited:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone tried VR sets for gaming on PC? the occulus stuff is $5-600 which doesnt sound too bad if it replaces a good monitor

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Odyssey or Valhalla would be my go to.

Vikings are awesome.
Wife tells me there is a lot familiar from the Vikings TV Show.
I think we are about 70% through. My honest opinion is I prefer the last two AC's origin and odyssey. I'm just finding the game mechanics clunky.