The gaming thread

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
I think you should be ok, I think I did this with a game once on xbox. It should just work off the disc when you insert, and check hard drive for the installed game and saves etc and not install again.
Cool, thank you. Although its been a while since I played it so I actually may just start again anyway now that I think about it.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Bought a second-hand copy of Fallout 4 for the Xbox One, this should see me through a few weeks.
It is a good game. It gets a bad rap with people whinging about bugs, content and graphics but it is one of my favourites. I just finished the main story for the 2nd time and now exploring the DLCs. Currently I am in Nuka World.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dumb old fart question perhaps - can you just get a headset and chat with friends playing on line on xbox one like you can on PC. And can you have different accounts for online play on one box? reason is I have a 13 year old on school holidays and think plying games with friends is one way to not go so nuts in this soft lockdown here. was going to get him rocket league since at least one friend of his plays it, and would be better if they can see the kid is on line rather than my account that we all use right now.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
can you just get a headset and chat with friends playing on line on xbox one like you can on PC
Yep, it's easy as. Even the cheapy Xbox branded headset works fine for chatting.

And can you have different accounts for online play on one box?
Believe so, I think you just have to log out of the active one then into the other one you want to play. I saw a mate had dual accounts (he and his missus) on one Xbox, so must be doable.

TM2

Likes Bikes
Yep, it's easy as. Even the cheapy Xbox branded headset works fine for chatting.

Believe so, I think you just have to log out of the active one then into the other one you want to play. I saw a mate had dual accounts (he and his missus) on one Xbox, so must be doable.
You can have 5 accounts linked to the one Xbox (with one Xbox live subscription)

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Deleted.

Nvm got the game today. Have to go down to the po box to post parcel. Game is in the box.

Last edited:

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Downloading the witcher for switch. Time for replay.

still running Around aimlessly on zelda.

might fire up world of warships again too. Channel my inner moleman. “You sunk my battleship”
Been running around aimlessly on zelda for months. I gave up now..

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Been running around aimlessly on zelda for months. I gave up now..
You’ll come back to it........

did you do any quest stuff?
At the moment I’m putting off killing ganon and finishing. Just burnin round on my horse trying to max out my armour.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
You’ll come back to it........

did you do any quest stuff?
At the moment I’m putting off killing ganon and finishing. Just burnin round on my horse trying to max out my armour.
yeah i've been trying to just do as many quests as pos and trying to get master sword. Need more orbs!

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
with us all being stuck at home the wife wants me to clean up around here. i havent played the PS1 in a while but still seems a shame to get rid of it.also wants me to move along the spare turntables

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
with us all being stuck at home the wife wants me to clean up around here. i havent played the PS1 in a while but still seems a shame to get rid of it.also wants me to move along the spare turntables
what turntables? :)

I've also got an NES I've got no idea what to do with.

And a Diamond Monster (Voodoo 1) that I was thinking of building a retro PC with but... it will never happen haha

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Depends if you mean in my head or what comes out the speakers but i get a kick out of shutting myself away and playing a few hours.
"Honey, I NEED this to deal with social distancing restrictions. having a spare reduces our exposure to corona virus and keeps us SAFE. "

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
For the Witcher I was preoccupied with configuring the graphics so much that I kinda skipped through white orchard and found myself in a bunch of caves with a broken silver sword and no food.

Worked out how to get back to white orchard, now can actually play through that area and then get back to the main story...

Didn't realise that whole "tutorial" part was so important and you need those first level ups...
really getting into the Witcher 3 at the mo. You definitely need the right gear, blade oils etc to deal with certain monsters, otherwise you are SOL, and your attacks will do nothing. Get the 'strong back' perk and good saddlebags for your horse ASAP, as it will allow you to carry much more loot around. ;)

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
really getting into the Witcher 3 at the mo. You definitely need the right gear, blade oils etc to deal with certain monsters, otherwise you are SOL, and your attacks will do nothing. Get the 'strong back' perk and good saddlebags for your horse ASAP, as it will allow you to carry much more loot around. ;)
The Gourmet perk is great, food regenerates health for 20 mins. Getting better at alchemy and potions, but started off focusing on signs because I cannot get enough of setting shit on fire or just blasting it away.

Think I'm level 11 now, still in Velen but have made it to Novigrad because I wanted some more of main story to unfold.

Just found a village turned into pigs.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Fuck that, I can't stand games where you need to do that much grinding to get anywhere. Could never get into Far Cry for the same reasons. Give me weapons and let me kill things immediately.