The gaming thread

driftking

Wheel size expert
I know there's a Ferrari F1 wheel available for it and I do know of another Thrustmaster wheel that goes onto it so as long as it binds with the electric point, she's a goer!
I've done a fair few races using this wheel now and it's amazing, I really love it. I can't wait for Project Cars and F1 2015 in the coming months on PS4.
+1 Project cars

I did hear that the game will be Morpheus ready when that finally gets released. Although I have been wanting to get into PC gaming for the improved graphics.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I read up on Morpheus on the weekend, it sounds like it's going to be the next big thing in gaming. You'll look like a massive dork playing games with that thing on your head but man, it could be so awesome for a gaming experience.
I remember doing a virtual reality thing at Sega World in Darling Harbour when it opened. You had to fly a space craft with gunners on board which were actual people in the room with you. I still had the highest score on it when it was shut down a few years later, it was so engrossing.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive used the oculus rift before, it was very weird. I actually could not get used to it and felt quite sick from it. I just feels soo wrong, all this motion yet your sitting still. With time I could probably get used to it. They really need to work on some way to dull down the effects of motion sickness caused by the headset though.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Kinda gaming related. I bought a 'Google cardboard' head set for my HTC one, and WOW! Pretty fu@ken cool! It's amazing what technology is available right now. 'Sisters' had me shitting my pants, and swinging cut lunches at ghost girls. The 'VRSE' app was amazing also, with trains going through water, and awesome CGI. If you haven't seen/heard of this thing, do yourself a favor and get it!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The upcoming Star Wars game looks great going by the PS4 trailer.
Fan boys that only play Call of Duty and Battlefield give EA shit for not doing certain things in gaming but they aren't gamers, they are black sheep. Anyway, I reckon Battlefront will be great, I like the idea of chapters instead of one single story, it'll be similar to the old Star Wars on Nintendo 64, which was bloody awesome to play.

Project cars is now dated for the 7th May; two weeks! I also read that the new F1 game won't have the career mode which is the only version I play on the game. You'll do a championship but you'll have to use a current driver apparently. I can understand it may be removed as it takes a contracted driver out of the game but fuck, it's a game. I like seeing my name in front of everyone else on a winner's list, makes my lunch room bragging so much more worthy. :heh:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Fan boys that only play Call of Duty and Battlefield give EA shit for not doing certain things in gaming but they aren't gamers, they are black sheep. Anyway, I reckon Battlefront will be great, I like the idea of chapters instead of one single story, it'll be similar to the old Star Wars on Nintendo 64, which was bloody awesome to play.

Project cars is now dated for the 7th May; two weeks! I also read that the new F1 game won't have the career mode which is the only version I play on the game. You'll do a championship but you'll have to use a current driver apparently. I can understand it may be removed as it takes a contracted driver out of the game but fuck, it's a game. I like seeing my name in front of everyone else on a winner's list, makes my lunch room bragging so much more worthy. :heh:
The career mode is what makes Codemasters racing games great! If anything they could have made it even more realistic this year by having you kick off the season by going to court against Sauber for your seat.

BTW, you've got Playstation Plus don't you? Dishonored is the free game this month. It's an absolute belter. download it now!

Oh and EA can go fuck themselves for Battlefield Hardline. They are the new Ubisoft.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The career mode is what makes Codemasters racing games great!

BTW, you've got Playstation Plus don't you? Dishonored is the free game this month. It's an absolute belter. download it now!
I agree, I really hope it's included in the game or some version of it.

I played Dishonored and agree with you, it's bloody great. I think I'll download it again to play it when I'm in a lull between games.
Have you guys played Hotline Miami? I've finished it on my Vita this week, went to download Hotline Miami 2 and found that the pissweak Australian twats banned it for sale here as it's too violent! For fucks sake, all the effort of getting the R18+ rating has obviously worked out well for us.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I agree, I really hope it's included in the game or some version of it.

I played Dishonored and agree with you, it's bloody great. I think I'll download it again to play it when I'm in a lull between games.
Have you guys played Hotline Miami? I've finished it on my Vita this week, went to download Hotline Miami 2 and found that the pissweak Australian twats banned it for sale here as it's too violent! For fucks sake, all the effort of getting the R18+ rating has obviously worked out well for us.
Have hotline Miami on PC. Gave up on it because if i kept playing (and dying in) that and Dark Souls I would have lost all concept of hope.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Have hotline Miami on PC. Gave up on it because if i kept playing (and dying in) that and Dark Souls I would have lost all concept of hope.
I was playing it on the plane a few weeks back, headphones blaring. I died for the eighty ninth time on the same chapter and said fuck quite loudly. My wife dropped the elbow in as a few heads turned my way. I did a Mr Bean and stuck my finger up at all of them, like der.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
How do you learn from your mistakes if you don't die?

A good game isn't one that holds your hand from start to finish, a good game is one that challenges you and forces you to learn.

Hotline Miami 1/2 and Dark Souls (along with the others in the series) are all excellent games.
All you need is patience and to get out of that mindless, brain melting, hand holding mode that most other games have put people into.

Once you accept that you're going to die, and start learning from your mistakes... then you progress!

Dozer, if you are willing to play Hotline Miami 2 on a PC rather than Vita, there's a Steam wallet workaround to buy it from the US Steam store and add it to your Australian account. :)
You also get to play with a superior, and far less annoying control scheme!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I still haven't finished dark souls 2

And I can hear it mocking me
Completed it a fourth time on the weekend, now half way through the DLC areas on one character who is magic based, and half way through the main game on another who is a strength tank with a side of pyro.

The great thing about it is how many different ways there is to play it!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, the golden age of the PS4 is here.
-Project cars: It's awesome. It's the best driving game I've played and there's so many great driving games.
-F1 2015: I love the F1 games but it's going to need to be an epic compilation to go anywhere near Project Cars. The lack of career mode sucks but we'll see what pans out.
-The Witcher 3: It's out next week. Yay! Word is it's over 300 hours to sink the whole thing.
-Batman Arkham Knight: That's out in June and will be amazing, it can't be anything other than amazing.
-Rainbow 6: This could be a big deal or it could be a waste of energy. I hope it's big!
-Fallout 4: A rumor and some info from the team who have worked on the trailer came out today and Bethesda have confirmed they are doing a press conference at E3. No that won't mean the game (if it exists) is coming out this year but an official announcement will do nicely!

What are your highlights for the rest of the year?

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Games? Who has time for games?

I'm old school

Pikes peak, dig dug, bubble bobble, altered beast. Wish I still had my atari :(

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
So, the golden age of the PS4 is here.
-Project cars: It's awesome. It's the best driving game I've played and there's so many great driving games.
-F1 2015: I love the F1 games but it's going to need to be an epic compilation to go anywhere near Project Cars. The lack of career mode sucks but we'll see what pans out.
-The Witcher 3: It's out next week. Yay! Word is it's over 300 hours to sink the whole thing.
-Batman Arkham Knight: That's out in June and will be amazing, it can't be anything other than amazing.
-Rainbow 6: This could be a big deal or it could be a waste of energy. I hope it's big!
-Fallout 4: A rumor and some info from the team who have worked on the trailer came out today and Bethesda have confirmed they are doing a press conference at E3. No that won't mean the game (if it exists) is coming out this year but an official announcement will do nicely!

What are your highlights for the rest of the year?
Most of those games will likely be on PC too, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm not convinced on the new rainbow game tbh.