The gaming thread

goobags

Likes Dirt
In all honesty, I prefer to play games that require some strategy, patience, stealth etc. This stuff is just too hair trigger and far too reliant on how good your internet is. I hate to think I'm in a lobby full of people that have some kind of cheating going on (and I have no idea what is used to create these cheat-aids) but when I play a game where my kill death ratio is 3 kills and 34 deaths...........the winner of the match has the complete opposite. In the first 10 seconds of several games I played over the Beta weekend, I saw killstreaks appear the same second the first kill of the match appeared.
Anyway, no biggy. It isn't my kind of game but I see that its fun enough for a quick game or a social thing. We did a Rotorburn (Farkin) lobby a long time ago and it was hilarious.
Don’t play Warzone if you want a fair game. I think the cheats get called out and there are some very very good players out there.

If you are playing team death match that’s not where the tactics lie. Also I assume you are a contributing member of society up against people with nothing better to do. Back in the original MW2 days I was at uni and put 10 hours a week into it at a minimum. My K/D was around 1.3. I have put 19 hours into Vanguard and my K/D is slightly below 1. I would argue it isn’t very ‘quick game’ friendly but more something you need to put 20 hours into so you can level up a few guns and get a feel for the maps before it’s any fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I just played the "metal hellsinger" demo, and now I've bought the game. This is mindless fun fun, like doom 2016 but the music doesn't just intensify with the gameplay, it's part of the gameplay. There's something super satisfying about this, metal belting into your headphones while you nod your head and dispatch demons to the beat of the thumping drums.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I just played the "metal hellsinger" demo, and now I've bought the game. This is mindless fun fun, like doom 2016 but the music doesn't just intensify with the gameplay, it's part of the gameplay. There's something super satisfying about this, metal belting into your headphones while you nod your head and dispatch demons to the beat of the thumping drums.

I was really hoping this was good, the premise sounds awesome.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I played this a few weeks ago when it dropped on gamepass - really enjoyed it and did all the side challenges as well. Nothing better than getting into the songs rhythm while melting demons.
Kickass game, I'm a couple of levels in now and all the side quests so far. I'm going to be disappointed when this one is finished

Minlak

custom titis

Interesting premise - Takes a bit to get into the swing of it - i was better with sword than guns

1665006874128.png

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Interesting premise - Takes a bit to get into the swing of it - i was better with sword than guns

View attachment 393241
The side quests in the full game are awesome at teaching you skills. All the weapons have a different rhythm and take a little bit of mastery but once you work out how to use them and how to switch them effectively you're laughing.

Crank it up loud, Nod your head, tap your feet, demolish demons

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Overwatch 2 is out. Blizzard has made it free to play and requires users to link a valid phone number for SMS verification in an attempt to prevent smurf accounts, cheaters and banned players coming back. They said you wouldn't be able to spoof it.

I opened three accounts yesterday using spoofed numbers lol. Incoming gold mine as i sell high ranked competitive accounts that cost me nothing to open and 10c to register a fake number to lol. Might make a tonne more incase they patch them.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Overwatch 2 is out. Blizzard has made it free to play and requires users to link a valid phone number for SMS verification in an attempt to prevent smurf accounts, cheaters and banned players coming back. They said you wouldn't be able to spoof it.

I opened three accounts yesterday using spoofed numbers lol. Incoming gold mine as i sell high ranked competitive accounts that cost me nothing to open and 10c to register a fake number to lol. Might make a tonne more incase they patch them.
Why would someone buy a high ranked account if they don't have the experience/skills to maintain it?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
B
Why would someone buy a high ranked account if they don't have the experience/skills to maintain it?

Because they have an inflated sense of ability and it's always their team mates that are holding them back. If only they could just get to their "actual" rank they would be able to maintain it.

You know the type. Always yelling on voice chat and blaming other for losses. Often toxic. Use the n word a lot.

It's a huge market

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Also cheaters often buy them in the belief that if their rank reflects their visible mechanical skill provided by the cheat that they won't get called out. It's a fantasy they live in though because while they rage it's obvious they're cheating and they play like dogshit with no gamesense. Turn up the cheats to more rage, get banned, buy a new account.

Repeat custom

Last edited:

Oddjob

Also cheaters often buy them in the belief that if their rank reflects their visible mechanical skill provided by the cheat that they won't get called out. It's a fantasy they live in though because while they rage it's obvious they're cheating and they play like dogshit with no gamesense. Turn up the cheats to more rage, get banned, buy a new account.

Repeat custom
You're really selling the game.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
You're really selling the game.
this is every online multiplayer game ever. You either put up with it, pretend it doesn't happen, participate in the peripheral economy, or don't play. Bilzzard Activision's earnings speak for themselves.

Oddjob

360 no scope HS from across the map, yo! totally legit Still fun 80% of the time
That was pretty rare with BF4 just because the server controlled the bullet spread.

But I distinctly remember fluking a sniper shot to parabola perfectly over a ledge for a head shot from what must have been 700m.

My favourite was using the c4 laden quad bikes to take out tanks. Or the TV guided missiles from helicopters.

Oddjob

Speaking of. Has anyone played BF2042 yet? Is it worth pulling myself away from Warhammer 3?

Minlak

custom titis
This doesn't need its own thread so thought here might do
Can anyone see anything missing or wrong with this build - been out of it a while and haven't researched a lot - Gaming / Video Editing / Office Work - I originally had a DDR5 board and ram and but they put the price up $600 and dint want to spend that extra as I am not sure I would really feel the increase

1665227166894.png