The gaming thread

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm still trying to figure it all out. Games like this that go on forever sure help to build the Pile of Shame backlog.
As long as you keep a good pile of quests to do, you should find endless enjoyment out of it. I had almost exhausted thing, got all the trophies but still found things to do. It really is a great game. It's hard to say which is better; Fallout or Skyrim (Elder Scrolls) so I'll just say we're lucky to have both.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just to make it a bit more complicated. Mums TV went belly up, so I gave her ours and got a nice LG OLED 65. WooHoo! A worthy upgrade.

Looked in the pile 'o shame and put Red Faction Armageddon which is a 360 game running on the Xbone. The Xbone seems to play well with HDR and other visual tasty treats.

I am pretty easy to please but damn, It sure looks pretty good for an older game upgraded for the Xbone with a new TV.

Red Faction is fun. Very Gears of War-esque. Nice guns and enemies and an easy don't think too much storyline. You can blow up big things from the comfort of the couch.

20240411_155122.jpg

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Just to make it a bit more complicated. Mums TV went belly up, so I gave her ours and got a nice LG OLED 65. WooHoo! A worthy upgrade.

Looked in the pile 'o shame and put Red Faction Armageddon which is a 360 game running on the Xbone. The Xbone seems to play well with HDR and other visual tasty treats.

I am pretty easy to please but damn, It sure looks pretty good for an older game upgraded for the Xbone with a new TV.

Red Faction is fun. Very Gears of War-esque. Nice guns and enemies and an easy don't think too much storyline. You can blow up big things from the comfort of the couch.

View attachment 408543
Loved red faction 1 on PS2! Don’t think just shoot. Destructible environments was absolutely insane in that era gaming.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Loved red faction 1 on PS2! Don’t think just shoot. Destructible environments was absolutely insane in that era gaming.
I remember building a staircase of explosions in a rock face to get to a switch that was supposed to extend a bridge so I could keep a car, the bastards made the switch not work and forced you to swim through a tunnel anyway! Otherwise it was awesome

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I remember building a staircase of explosions in a rock face to get to a switch that was supposed to extend a bridge so I could keep a car, the bastards made the switch not work and forced you to swim through a tunnel anyway! Otherwise it was awesome
Yeah I did the same ahaha! Mate the rage I felt…..

• Haha
Reactions: LPG

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I got a hankering for some ye olde guitar hero action yesterday. Was about to go hunting for my old xbox360 or Wii consoles when I had a bright spark idea - I wonder if it was ever on PC?

Turns out there's a little thing called clone hero, with all the various GH & RB songs available to download, and a whole metric shit-ton more from the community too.

Installed on the media PC, dusted off the old guitars, plonked in front of the telly with the volume cranked for 4 hours with the kiddos pretending we were Kirk Hammett

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk