The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
John Birmingham - of He died with a felafel in his hand - fame, currently writes a blog or something, called Alien Sideboob. They are a must-read, IMO. you can subscribe to his articles for free, more for premium content...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
John Birmingham - of He died with a felafel in his hand - fame, currently writes a blog or something, called Alien Sideboob. They are a must-read, IMO. you can subscribe to his articles for free, more for premium content...

Still my favourite author. The Weapons of Choice trilogy was just epic.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Still my favourite author. The Weapons of Choice trilogy was just epic.
Old ken, from the comments section, isn't half bad either:
"An appeal has gone out to the President For Life of Bongo Bongo Land that if he has any vials left could he pop them in the post"

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
He's been notably absent from every single national crisis since he took office (remember the Bushfires?)

To be fair though, he's only in the job because nobody could stomach the idea of Peter Dutton as PM during the last leadership spill and NewsCorp went all-in guns-blazing for him in the last election because they wanted to teach Bill Shorten a lesson.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Not to even try and defend him, but surely Abbott would still be the worst?
Abbott's an utter fuckwit and I shudder to think what further embarrassing horrors he'd have unleashed upon us if he'd stayed in power but I can't imagine him going AWOL every time there's a major crisis - particularly the aforementioned bushfires. You just know he'd be on the front lines in his budgie-smugglers!

LPG

likes thicc birds
Not to even try and defend him, but surely Abbott would still be the worst?
I can't stand Abbotts views or policies but I get the feeling he actually cares and does his best*. I suspect he would be much more proactive in getting australia sorted when the crisis hit instead of deciding it was time to clock off and dissappear. Having said that he might be as science hesitant as Trump and the rest of the right wing nut jobs are.

*His best is obviously far from acceptable and he favours his mates like so many liberals do (not saying it doesn't happen with others mind you.). I wish we had a much better leader than Abbott but we have the same shit but we've traded some passion for smoother messaging.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I disagree. I don't think abbot would Ave disappeared or been an absent leader, but he sure as shit would have fucked things up every step of the way and been in complete denial while arrogantly blowing himself. I think it would have been a lot more trump style for the pandemic. I also doubt tone would have rolled out much welfare over the last 18 months, not that I feel here has been much anyway.

You just know he'd be on the front lines in his budgie-smugglers!
I agree with this...could we all just imagine that unwanted handshake subbing Tony (only wearing the smugglers) in for the pants shitter!

LPG

likes thicc birds
I disagree. I don't think abbot would Ave disappeared or been an absent leader, but he sure as shit would have fucked things up every step of the way and been in complete denial while arrogantly blowing himself. I think it would have been a lot more trump style for the pandemic. I also doubt tone would have rolled out much welfare over the last 18 months, not that I feel here has been much anyway.
That is a good point, I can definitely see him not supporting people financially to stay at home and without that lockdowns just couldn't happen. Scomo was pressured into the lockdowns and support from the states, Budgie smugglers might have pushed back harder sending us into even more chaos.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is a good point, I can definitely see him not supporting people financially to stay at home and without that lockdowns just couldn't happen. Scomo was pressured into the lockdowns and support from the states, Budgie smugglers might have pushed back harder sending us into even more chaos.
Nah, Morrison has been on it all along according to this quote from National Cabinet today
316CF92E-B24B-41D2-8F82-4E077A91DB27.png

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck he is bad with words!

Smugglers is much more stubborn than ScoMo. Smugglers would have put his heels in and declared it a problem that only effects the poor and those who are poor aw only poor because they aren't putting in enough effort to be rich. I suspect the outcome would have been similar to that of Prospero.