The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
She is. But the institution itself is not without controversy.

Such as the current target:

"...The current objective is a policy of inflation targeting aimed at maintaining the annual inflation rate at between "2–3 per cent, on average, over the cycle"..."

To implement targets like this will (could) result in negative interest rates & quantitative easing. Straya has never been here before.

God knows what happens next...but rest assured, the average Strayan won't be a winner.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
No, the correct answer is coz Stromlo
It was only Majura back in the early 1900's when I first started MTBing. Stromlo was part of the Burley Griffin master plan, the chairlift is as ingrained in the psyche of Canberra as the tram. They renamed it light rail because cyclists generally like light things and they'd be like "heavy rail is too slow". Canberra is and always will be about riding bikes. To me anyway :)

SJP - are you saying that paying your mortgage should not be part of the CPI equation? CPI covers things that not all peeps use.

I don’t buy your arguments. I watched the entire video & it resonated with me. I find it hard to disagree with the content. And stop with the “conspiracy!” stuff. Decisions are made all the time, linked to someone’s interests. If thats dismissed based on “conspiracy” then that’s idiotic.

And yes, the RBA stinks. They do not have the populace best interests at heart. Never will.
The CPI metric is imperfect, and the target set by the RBA could be argued as arbitrary, however introducing the cost of housing to the equation creates a lot of room for distortion for the reasons I mentioned. And if you are adjusting the cash rate based on the CPI you want to be conservative. They have rent as a proxy for housing costs, again arbitrary and imperfect but it's something I guess.

You don't agree with me, fair enough, I'm not really interested in a long debate so I'm happy to accept that there is a difference of opinion.

Flow-Rider

Burner
SJP - are you saying that paying your mortgage should not be part of the CPI equation? CPI covers things that not all peeps use.

I don’t buy your arguments. I watched the entire video & it resonated with me. I find it hard to disagree with the content. And stop with the “conspiracy!” stuff. Decisions are made all the time, linked to someone’s interests. If thats dismissed based on “conspiracy” then that’s idiotic.

And yes, the RBA stinks. They do not have the populace best interests at heart. Never will.
You only have to see what house prices done when the interest rate was cut from 16% and fell down to 6%. People are way off worse now at 3.5% and house prices inflated.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Dang, didn’t know that Eden was an option. As much as I enjoy living here, I would prefer Eden!
I’m willing to bet the residents of Eden are happy they dodged that bullet!

But yes, it would have been nice. Canberra would be twice as big and much more successful because people would actually have wanted to live there...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
What size tin-foil hat do you take?

My 30m roll of al-foil is probably not enough for your head I think.
It's the tinfoil fez for me. There was a small study done by some Melbourne uni undergrads a few years back, where they tested various tinfoil hat shapes against incoming bad vibes. The fez gave the best protection.

Interestingly, the standard cone shaped hat was found to increase the receptivity to the most common frequency used by the mkultra boffins.

Don't be a fool, fez up folks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk