The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Yes a controversial distraction was my first thought when the reports of ministers flying in for emergency meetings started cropping up but for the US and UK to make it a joint announcement seems more like a lot of international dick swinging. Unless there is an imminent threat from China or even North Korea perhaps then I can't understand why this couldn't be done during a normal parliamentary sitting.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
So obviously military strategist is not my day job, can anyone explain why they'd announce something like this and not just do the deal, park them there and let China find out about it the old fashioned way?
It's pre-emptive de-escalation. China are now on notice that they'd be fucking with a more formidable naval line up so might think twice.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That Scott Morrison is a real strong man! With great military thinking...

They all need a distraction from the bullshit they pulled in Afghanistan. It also helps of that distraction is a military strong man big guns and shit effort.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Can't help but think that this is just sewing the seed for a slow transition into nuclear power generation...Coal is dying a fast death, we make shit tonnes of cash from exporting all our LNG and re-newables are just not what they are cracked up to be....once the public get used to the idea that nuclear is the next logical step, and that just about every major developed country in the world has Nuclear technology in some form, I can see ScroteMo pushing for us to play with the big kids in the playground.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Can't help but think that this is just sewing the seed for a slow transition into nuclear power generation...Coal is dying a fast death, we make shit tonnes of cash from exporting all our LNG and re-newables are just not what they are cracked up to be....once the public get used to the idea that nuclear is the next logical step, and that just about every major developed country in the world has Nuclear technology in some form, I can see ScroteMo pushing for us to play with the big kids in the playground.
Renewables are an excellent source of energy, sadly they're being held back by the luddites in Government.