The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It was published by cricket the other day. They were pretty sure his messages contravene the anti spam laws etc.
Government and religious organisations have a free pass to send their junk messages and exempt from what lowly corporations have to abide by.

If they have any decency then it should be between 9am to 6pm.

Put 'em on a block list.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

I know it's good for a lol at the idiots, but if this makes them a more effective opposition (and Tim Smith is not allowed to speak in public) then it's a good thing imo - democracy doesn't exactly thrive when one side of a two party system is completely useless.

Haakon

Keeps on digging

I know it's good for a lol at the idiots, but if this makes them a more effective opposition (and Tim Smith is not allowed to speak in public) then it's a good thing imo - democracy doesn't exactly thrive when one side of a two party system is completely useless.
Yeah, but define "effective"...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Well.... being an actual opposition would be a nice start. Dan hasn't exactly had smooth sailing, especially last year when they spontaneously put their health minister to the sword. But the Libs were just invisible, seemed to only appear for incredibly lame "PR" stunts and otherwise didn't even attempt to land a punch.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Actually hold the gov to account, proper scrutiny.. For example Vic parliament sat through 2 world wars and the spanish flu pandemic.. Come 2020/21 parliament gets suspended and they can’t even manage to run it via video conferencing like everybody else has to, including grade preps.. Yet the gov still classifies mp’s as essential workers.. I would love to know exactly what they are essential for considering they can’t do the basics of their jobs. The libs should have piled the pressure on the gov for suspending parliamentary scrutiny. The gov can’t just suspend democracy because it is too hard to facilitate..

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Well.... being an actual opposition would be a nice start. Dan hasn't exactly had smooth sailing, especially last year when they spontaneously put their health minister to the sword. But the Libs were just invisible, seemed to only appear for incredibly lame "PR" stunts and otherwise didn't even attempt to land a punch.
I agree, but we need more than "we oppose it, because we didn't think of it" too though, which is all I've seen of late.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
And Guy didnt...? I think his track record as planning minister speaks for itself...
I don't think they have much choice - there doesn't exactly seem to be a surplus of talent in their ranks and unless Andrews starts publicly advocating paedophilia there's no way the ALP are going to lose the next election. This is probably more about stemming the tide.